Chapter 23

Seven agonizingly slow weeks later, I was ready to make my triumphant return to the stage. I was given the all-clear two weeks ago, but I needed the extra time to finish recording the vocals for our first album. I was never one to sit idly by and do nothing. I stayed productive while I healed, and I had my bandmates to help me. I was able to write, play piano and guitar. I was proud of what we created. With a finished album, I was ready to return to the stage in spectacular fashion.

We were hosting a charity concert at Mark's club. All the proceeds from tonight were going to support LGBTQ charities in our area. We were also going to record the video for our newest song while we were at it. I was so excited. I was brimming with energy and ready to let loose. There was just one problem. "Okay, where is Daisy? She's never late." I asked.

"I'm calling her right now." Jack said as he pulled out his phone.

"Hey relax! My hair appointment took longer than expected!" Daisy walked in and I swear my heart stopped in my chest. She actually looked like a Pixie. Her dress was a soft blush pink, her makeup was applied to give her an ethereal quality, but it was her hair that stood out the most. Now a soft lavender, it lay in curls framing her angular face. She almost floated as she walked up to me with her mischievous smile. "So what do you think?"

"I-I love it." I was stunned at just how beautiful she was. I could barely get the words out.

"Thanks." She reached out to take my hand in hers, "We're embarking on a new chapter of our lives, so it's goodbye blue and hello purple."

"What are we supposed to call you now?" Adam asked.

"Her name?" I suggested.

"What about Blueberry?" Dean jumped in, "One, cause she's small, and two, they turn purple when they get all mushy, just like Daisy." Dean picked Daisy up in a hug. She laughed as she swatted his arms. The two of them had gotten much closer as they fussed over me. I was glad that she'd become a part of my family so easily. Then again, that was just Daisy. She had a tendency to worm her way into all our hearts.

"I love it!" Jack said, "I think it suits you perfectly."

"Thank you, Jack." Daisy said, "Now it's time to get these wild kids on stage! Get this party started!"

"That's my line, but I guess I can let it slide just this once." Mel winked.

"Who cares! Let's do this shit!" Dean cheered. We were all humming with so much energy. I can't remember the last time we've gone almost two months without performing once. We all missed the stage so much.

"Maybe we should stop saying that every time we go on." I laughed as we left the dressing room.

"Consistency is key Little Red." Lincoln said as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"Consistency is boring. Now move your asses. I want to sing."

Cameras followed us as we walked the hall to the stage. Daisy took my hand as we stood in the wings with everyone. We stood in a circle, giving each other looks of excitement and encouragement. The lights went out and the crowd began to cheer. My heart hammered as we made our way onto stage in the dark. I stood in front of the microphone as the lights came out. The boys began to play and a familiar trance came over me. It was time to sing.

(SING by My Chemical Romance)