Chapter 20

Trigger Warning!! This is not a happy chapter and has intense scenes of homophobia and violence. If you do not feel comfortable reading for any reason I will include a quick summary at the beginning of the next chapter so you know kinda what happens.

*****

As I changed my outfit twenty times, I found myself repeating the same mantra trying to calm myself down. It's just dinner. Nothing to worry about. I wanted to make sure I wore something that The Reverend wouldn't get too worked up about. I settled on a pair of black slacks with a nice blouse that didn't show off too much cleavage. It wasn't my style, but I wanted to do everything in my power to make sure dinner went smoothly.

There was a soft knock at the door and Daisy poked her head in, "Hey, are you ready to get going?"

I looked her over and smiled. She was perfect. She wore a beautiful floral dress and radiated feminine beauty. I still found it unbelievable that this beautiful creature is mine. "As ready as I'll ever be." She reached out her hand and took mine. As she squeezed my hand, I could feel her sending me strength. I followed behind her out of my room.

"You're sure about this?" Dean asked. He was waiting with Kim tonight. He was nervous about the whole thing. I knew he was just being a protective brother. He didn't want to give Lillian a chance to break my heart again.

"Yeah, who knows. Maybe they did have a change of heart." I shrugged.

"Yeah and maybe the harpy was finally possessed by the devil or someone with personality." Kim snorted.

I smiled at my friends. I really was lucky to have them. "I'll talk to you when I get home. There is a full bottle of whiskey in the cupboard. Don't fucking touch it. If things go south tonight and I don't have whiskey waiting for me, I may kill you."

Dean barked out a laugh, "You got it. Call me if you need anything."

"Okay, let's just get this over with. I need to meet the Bond villain in person." Daisy said as she led me to the door.

"You've already met her."

"I was talking about The Reverend. Sounds like the dude is asking for a knee in the balls from a raging lesbian." I burst out laughing as I tried to imagine Daisy kneeing anyone in the balls.

"Just remember if you're going to throw a punch. Keep your thumb outside of your fist." I was smiling as we walked out to the car. I decided to drive. I find driving relaxes me and if it doesn't, the radio was sure to drown out any negative thoughts.

We pulled up to the old house. It looked just like I remembered it from when I was a teenager. Unoffensive white panelling, navy trim and matching door. The lawn was perfectly manicured, the gardens filled with perfectly placed flowers. It reminded me of a show home. Beside it was Kim's childhood home that looked like a home. Lawn slightly overgrown, a treehouse in the backyard, a few toys out. Her dad no longer lived there, but it was clear a new family had moved in.

I could feel emotion roll over me as I remembered the last time I saw the house. I was waiting in front of Kim's house, crying my eyes out, surrounded by all my things that were thrown into garbage bags while I waited for my dad to pick me up. It was the worst day of my life. I had to take a deep breath to steady myself. Daisy's hand took mine and gave it a squeeze. I could feel her strength and calm washing over me. I didn't need to be strong as long as I had her. "I love you Pixie."

"I love you too Red." She gave me a smile as we got out of the car. I walked around to her, taking her hand and leading her up to the house. I stood there for a moment to regain my composure before I rang the doorbell.