Chapter 14

When I got home my head was spinning. This feeling was so unreal. No relationship has ever felt the way it did with Daisy. We hadn't even made it official, but I could easily map out a life with her.

I had to pull myself out of this train of thought before I got carried away. I stepped in the shower trying to stop my mind from going where my heart wants it to go. Just three little words. They could change everything and I was so scared that it was too soon.

I got dressed, taking more time than usual to do my hair and makeup. Then I realized this was supposed to be casual so I put on a pair of black jeans and a Bowie shirt. "Okay Rebecca. You are now totally late and everyone is probably there already so you may as well go now." I scolded myself. I left my place and walked over to Daisy's. I could hear everyone's voices from outside so I walked straight in.

"Rebecca!" Daisy launched herself at me, wrapping her arms around my neck as she pulled me into a greedy kiss. I wrapped my arms around her waist trying to ignore my desire to grab her ass.

"Get a room!" Kim called to a chorus of laughter.

Daisy pulled back, holding my head in her hands, "I missed you."

"I missed you too," I said giving her another peck on the lips.

"Jeez, you'd think you just got home from war." Adam quipped.

"You're just jealous." I let Daisy down and walked into her living room. I was startled by her apartment. She had painted most of the other walls white again but kept the wall we had put our handprints covered in splatter. She had added splashes of colour throughout the room that fit with Daisy's personality better. "I love it. Much more you."

"Well, I had a lot of time this week." She smiled, "Really wanted to make this place comfy and artsy."

"Mission accomplished. We all love it." Dean said.

I looked over my friends and noticed a guy standing up awkwardly, "Hey I'm Mark, Andrew's friend. It is really nice to meet you. Drew showed me clips of you guys performing and you are amazing."

"Thanks! So what's your favourite song we do?" I asked. It was always interesting to find out what fans liked the most.

"Hard to say." He admitted, "I like Breaking Up, but your cover of Smooth is just amazing. I'm also partial to the Closer to the Heart cover but I'm just a huge Rush fan."

"Mark owns a few clubs and smaller venues in the area." Mel chimed in, "He would love to book you guys in."

"Really? That's awesome! I'd love to." I said. The more shows the better in my opinion. Nothing could compare to the rush of performing live.

"The guys seem excited too but said we had to wait for you for the final decision," Mark said.

"We were talking about next Wednesday." Lincoln said, "It's short notice but it's a larger venue than we've ever performed at before and we'd be headlining."

"Headlining? Does this mean we'd have openers?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm ironing out the details with them now too," Mark said.

"All we need is your go ahead and we're all set," Melissa said.

"I'm in. Sounds like fun." I agreed.

"Perfect." Mark smiled, "I'll draw up plans and contracts. I should get them to you tomorrow. I hope I'll be able to book you in for even more shows down the line."

"Alright enough business talk!" Jack jumped in, "Daisy has a surprise for us."

Daisy smiled at Jack before she disappeared to her room. She returned with a large canvas covered with a blanket. She placed it on an easel and turned back to us. I took a moment to appreciate her as she sat on a stool beside us. She looked like a dream in a loose white t-shirt tucked into a pair of light blue jeans that were dotted with flecks of multi-coloured paint. She looked every bit the incredible artist she was.