Chapter 12

It was finally time for my date with Daisy! I was so excited I was up fairly early, for me at least. I got dressed in a blue summer dress that reminded me of the hue of Daisy's hair. I put on one of my nicer pairs of converse before walking over to Daisy's place. She came to the door beaming, going up on her tip toes to kiss me.

"You look beautiful." I looked down at her sporty dress with a pair of sneakers. Looks like great minds really do think alike.

"Thanks. You told me casual, so I wore my usual." She fiddled with the edge of her shirt, obviously nervous. I took her hand in mine and placed a kiss on her knuckles.

"It's perfect. Come on, we're taking the subway. I don't want us to be late."

"Oh cool! When I first moved here I was so excited by the subway. It sounds silly, but I'd never been on one before. I still find them pretty cool."

"You always see the best in everything don't you?" I squeezed her hand in mine as I led her down the street.

"Always. It's bitten me in the ass more than once, but it makes it easier to see the beauty in everything."

"It's refreshing." We took the subway to one of my favourite places in the city. Her eyes widened as we stood on the sidewalk looking up the impressive architecture of the museum. "I absolutely love it here. My dad would take me here all the time when he had a day off from work when it still just the two of us. I always just wanted to see the mummy though."

"I am so excited!" She bounced on the spot grabbing my arm. "This is amazing, thank you Rebecca!"

We made our way inside and began looking at the map to plan our day, "Okay, so I saw they're doing an exhibit on Rembrandt and other Dutch painters you might like."

"Ooh, sounds good! And I want to see this mummy you love so much. I want to see all your favourite exhibits."

"Well then, we must start with dinosaurs." I pulled her towards the dinosaur room. I just loved seeing how big the skeletons were. No matter how big or tall you got, you were always small when you stood by the dinosaurs.

We moved from the dinosaurs around the museum. I pointed out all my favourite and least favourite rooms. She loved the totem poles in the stairways and was grossed out by the mummy but was fascinated with the rest of the Egypt exhibit.

We went to the café for a quick lunch. We found a table in the corner and sat down. I took her hand in mine running my thumb over her knuckles. "It's nice having you all to myself for once."

"I know. I love our friends but they can be a lot sometimes."

"I'm betting they're all camped out at my place waiting for all the details."

Daisy laughed before getting a mischievous smile on her face. "You know, we could always go back to my place. I could think of a few more details we could get into before we have to return to the real world."

I put on a mock shocked expression. "Are you suggesting we have sex on the first date? Cause I am a classy woman."

"You kinda jumped the gun on that one already Red."

I looked her over, biting my lip gently as I watched her lick her lips after taking a bite. It was the littlest thing from her and I was turned on. "I think I could be persuaded to break that rule for you."

"Good. I'm going to have fun with you tonight."

I took her hand, "Come on, let's go to the Rembrandt exhibit and get out of here."

"Or we could skip Rembrandt and just go back to my place."

I groaned internally at the temptation. This girl was driving me crazy. "Tempting, but I promised Rembrandt and you are getting Rembrandt."