Chapter 6

Once I had finished getting ready, I sat on the couch waiting for Kim. The girl was high maintenance what can I say. My phone vibrated and I saw I had a text from an unknown number.

Andrew: Hey it's Andrew. Just checking in on how you and your friend are doing.

I smiled to myself as I responded. How sweet was this guy?

Rebecca: We're good. Kim's bounce back time is pretty remarkable. How's the hand?

Andrew: Good to hear. It's better now that I've taken some painkillers. Who knew he would have such a hard skull?

Rebecca: Haha I could have told you that ;)

Andrew: Haha look I got to go, hanging out with some friends but I just wanted to check in on you.

Rebecca: Thanks! Have fun with your friends. I'll talk to you later.

Andrew: I plan on it

Kim finally came out looking hot in a tiny black dress that hugged all her curves. Her hair was styled to perfection and her face perfectly contoured. She looked like she just walked off the runway. "Jeez, you know we're just going to Dean's right?" I asked.

"Oh come on. You dressed up too. Probably for this Daisy girl." She winked.

I blushed as I pulled on my leather jacket. I was wearing a black skirt with a matching crop top. I had even put on a pair of sheer black tights that weren't ripped. So I guess I did kinda dress up for me I guess, "Whatever let's just go." I grabbed my keys and we drove the short way to Daisy's place where she was waiting on the curb. Her bright smile faltered for a second when she saw Kim in the passenger seat.

"Oh my god, I love your hair!" Kim said once Daisy slid into the passenger seat.

"Thanks, I'm Daisy."

"Kim. I used to be Rebecca's neighbour when we were kids. I just got back in town so we're surprising everyone!"

I noticed Daisy smiling again in my rearview. She met my eyes and gave me a wink. I could feel my heart beat in my chest a little quicker. Fuck, I was in trouble. "Really? So where were you?" Daisy asked.

"The easier question is where haven't I been. I usually don't stay in one place long but I'm going to try and stay here for a bit."

"It's been seven years since this one has stayed here for longer than a week, so we'll see how long this lasts," I said.

"Hey! I'm trying!" Kim gave me a wack on the arm but we all ended up laughing. We continued chatting about Kim and her travels. I found myself constantly looking in the rearview and making eye contact with Daisy. Every time our eyes met it made my heart jump in my chest. With just a look, all thoughts of Andrew or anyone else vanished from my mind.

"Oh my god!" Kim squealed as we pulled up in front of Dean's place, "Look at all the cars! Dean really wants to party tonight!"

"His dad was probably caught cheating on wife five." I sighed.

"I thought he was on wife six?"

"Oh yeah, he divorced her and got back together with wife five."

"So that's where Dean gets his flirty behaviour from," Daisy said.

"Yeah, but Dean wouldn't cheat on who he dates. He even makes sure that his one-night stands knows it's going to be a one night thing beforehand so he doesn't accidentally cheat." After seeing how badly his mom's heart broke after his dad cheated Dean swore he would never do that to a woman. It sucked that he had to have such a screwed-up relationship with his dad, but if he didn't, he wouldn't be the Dean I know and love.