Prologue

"Jun!" I called through the halls of the dance studio.

My brother looked in my direction and his smile came to view. I waved enthusiastically at him and he chuckled at my silliness and waved back.

He motioned me to go to where he was and I rushed towards him to hug him.

"Bubba, did you miss me that much?" He whispered as he returned my embrace. I nodded against his chest and smiled as I smelt the perfume I got for him on his last birthday.

We slowly pulled apart as we heard a sly cough by our side. I turned to look at the culprit and saw a tall young man with braces on his teeth.

"Hi Haneul!" He squealed beaming with excitement. I looked at my brother questioning who the guy is and why he knows my name.

He laughed at my reaction and quickly explained, "Haneul, these are my friends," he looked at the four guys inside the dance studio.

"He's Huening Kai," he pointed at the bubbly guy earlier who smiled even brighter. "Soobin, Beomgyu, and Taehyun."

He introduced them and I quickly said my greetings and smiled at all of them.

"They're also trainees at BigHit, bubba." My brother whispered which made me nod my head understanding.

My brother is training to be an idol in a company called BigHit. I didn't understand why he chose to train here since it isn't a big company and currently, they only have two artists. But my brother said that he knows what he is doing.

And I always trust my brother's judgment. Especially when it comes to his choice of friends.

I watched as they practiced for their monthly trainee assessments. They were often goofing off whenever one of them makes a mistake which made their vibe positive throughout the hour.

They were taking a break when all of a sudden the door to the practice room opened. Everyone directed their attention to the guy who entered the room.

Yup, I definitely trust my brother's judgment when it comes to his friends.

And this one looks absolutely handsome.

He had dark brown eyes that looked like they held the galaxy as the shine. His tall nose was evident and his lips were a shining pink. With his disheveled hair, he looked like an actor out of a movie scene.

"Heeseung! Seriously, an hour late?" Beomgyu called out laughing at the guy walking towards us.

He ruffled his hair as he chuckled, "I'm sorry, okay? I overslept again."

"As expected," Taehyun commented as he drank his third water bottle. Their friend—Heeseung, shifted his eyes through the boys and as his gaze landed on me, he stopped in his tracks.

We looked at each other for a while. Then, His gaze traveled down my body and he looked up at my eyes, now with a smirk on his face.

He stepped closer to me and reached out his hand. "Hi, I'm Lee Heeseung." His voice was melodiously deep.

I held his hand as I nodded, "Choi Haneul."

I was about to shake our hands when he suddenly lifted my hand up to his face and his soft lips graze upon the back of my hands.

"Smooth, Hee." Soobin whistled.

Yeonjun looked back and forth between the two of us in confusion and as he fixed his gaze on our hands, his eyes widened and his voice echoed through the room.

"No!"