Chapter 22 - Forcing to be Civil

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ CHOI HANEUL ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

I frequently visited the company because of my whiny brother. He keeps telling my parents that he feels lonely or whatnot so they immediately asked me to visit him often.

When in reality, he's just using me as his assistant.

"Where the hell are you?" I asked Taehyun through the phone as I reached the third floor of their new building.

This place is so freaking huge that I actually got lost after buying them ice cream from a shop.

Taehyun scoffed before exclaiming, "I should be asking you that!"

"Just find me!" I said looking around trying to find out which part of the company I was in.

"Then tell me where you are!" Taehyun sounded frustrated but I was frustrated too.

"3 floors, I'm in a hallway with black walls and an open ceiling." I rolled my eyes as I explained to him whatever it is that my eye catches. Hoping that he might get a clue if where I am.

"Haneul, every hallway is like that!" He laughed at my description.

"That's what I see, Tyun!" I chuckled finding the situation a bit funny.

As I said those words, a hand brushed against mine and took the phone that I was holding up in my ear.

I was about to shout but when I turned around, I saw Heeseung with my phone now in his ear.

"She's in front of our studio, Taehyun." He muttered with his low voice and promptly gave me my phone back.

Somehow having him here made me feel like I suddenly lost breath as if I had run a marathon. 

The pain in my chest continued as I remembered what he did to me, but when whenever I thought of my friends and my brother, my heart melts. 

Maybe I needed to be a grown-up about this, it happened, it broke me, but that doesn't mean I should wallow in it. 

I looked at Heeseung who was standing beside me awkwardly. I was surprised that he hasn't left yet. When he turned to me, his eyes widen as he saw me looking at him.

I swallowed all bitterness that I was feeling and said, "Thank you."

"No worries." His answer was swift but I could tell that he didn't expect me to speak to him at all.

Thankfully, I didn't have to endure the pain of small talk with him as I saw a blonde Taehyun running towards us.

"You know what? I hate your new building." I greeted him.

He laughed and took the bag of ice cream from my hands, "Just because you get lost in it doesn't give you the right to hate it."

I glared at him and whispered, "The old ones are much better."

He chuckled at my stubbornness and teasingly tilted his head, "Really? Even the one that had mushrooms growing in the cracks of the walls?"

"Okay, maybe not that one." I pointed a finger at him remembering how disgusted I was when I first visited their studio. 

As our laughter died down, he immediately remembered the reason why we both are here. "Let's get going, your brother's been fuzzing about how slow you are."

"He should get a grip." I rolled my eyes at him.

He chuckled and countered my statement, "Wait 'till I say that to him."