Chapter 18 - Facing Consequences

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ CHOI HANEUL ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

I stopped crying after a long while as Yeonjun drove us to our destination.

He didn't speak, I knew he wanted to ask but he didn't because he knew that I wouldn't have the energy to answer him.

But I could see it in his face,

He was mad.

Just the way that his grip on the wheel tightened with my every cry and most especially with the way his jaw clenched, I knew how mad he was.

And I was afraid.

Even after everything that I saw, I still don't want my brother to get mad at Heeseung.

Because I still love him.

It was heartbreaking, seeing him with another girl after all the things we have achieved together, all the things we planned, all the things we did.

It pains me to see him like that with someone else when all I ever did was defend him.

It makes me feel so little about myself.

What else could I have done? Where did I lack? Did he get bored of me? Should I have been more exciting, more daring like the girl he had on his lap?

Maybe that was the reason he cheated because I couldn't give him the thrill that he wanted anymore.

As soon as the car stopped I immediately removed my seat belt and absent-mindedly stepped out of the car.

It was like my body knew that I had to do these things but my mind was somewhere else.

Without saying anything and not even a single emotion on my face, I stepped into the villa where we would be staying.

Staring into oblivion, I heard my mother's welcoming voice.

"Darlings, finally! I thought we needed to come and fetch you or something." She laughed.

I kept my head low and did not respond. I felt Yeonjun's heavy presence behind me his aura almost as dark as mine.

"Why do you guys look like that?" My mother's voice started to waver getting nervous about how we were both actings.

"Where's Heeseung?"

I looked up at my mother with a sudden urge to cry. Even his name had this effect on me.

Hearing his name flashes back the image of his hand running through another girl's body.

Mom looked at Yeonjun with a questioning gaze but when she saw Yeonjun's dark look she knew.

She looked at me now with her soft, warm, and careful eyes, "Haneul?"

As I heard her call for me I couldn't stop myself.

I broke down once again, now in the arms of my mother.

"All I ever did was love and support him, mom." I cried as she held me tighter with her hand rubbing circles on my back.