Chapter 9 - Be Happy

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ CHOI HANEUL ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

"So how are you and Heeseung?" Kaila asked as she ate popcorn.

I looked at her and her gaze was still fixed on the screen watching a movie that we both have probably watched countless times.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

She looked back at me with an unamused face, "Don't tell me that after the whole fiasco after Valentine's, there's still nothing between the two of you."

I sighed as avoided her gaze, "The only thing that happened was that he became vocal about how he likes me—"

"Likes?!" She said shocked. I nodded as a response clearly not getting why she was shocked about that.

She scoffed, "As if! He's pretty much lovesick with you. That boy is hopelessly in love."

I shook my head, "He isn't hopeless, though."

I said indicating that I am feeling something for Heeseung. I thought it would be good for me to also be vocal about what I feel. Maybe it would help me understand what I am actually feeling for him.

"I know." She shrugged.

I looked at her surprised, "What?"

"I know, Haneul. I can see how you are starting to fall in love. I'm your best friend for a reason." Kaila looked at me getting serious now, "What I don't understand is what the hell is stopping you from letting yourself love him?"

I sighed and rested my head on her shoulders, "He's going to be an idol, Kaila. You know how difficult that would be? Not just for me but him as well. I don't want us to fall apart like that." I bit my lip feeling incredible regret, "It's better like this, at least I'd still have him in my life."

She shook her head and scoffed, "Then what? Live with the regret of not letting yourself feel? the regret of not giving him a chance?" He moved away from me and looked at me, "Seize the moment, Haneul. Let everything that is meant to happen, happen. Let yourself be freely happy with him."

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

The week passed by quicker than any other. Today, Yeonjun being the best older brother, took the responsibility of grocery shopping after our parents' left for my father's huge meeting overseas.

Though now that I see it it's probably just Yeonjun's way of gaining my parents' favor because even though he volunteered to do it, he still dragged me with him.

Heeseung, out of nowhere, heard that I and my brother are going on a trip to the grocery and well, now he is out with me and my brother to go food shopping.

I mean, not that I am complaining. We could always find use with an extra pair of hands even though he isn't really needed.

"Why did you come with us anyway? You'd only get bored." I said to him as we made our way from the parking lot to the store. 

"Of course, I'd come. I want to help." He smiled and looked in front of where Yeonjun already was. I'm surprised Yeonjun even said yes when Heeseung offered. Perks of being one of his best friends, I guess.

Heeseung was now taking my duty and was now in charge of pushing around the cart and following Yeonjun. 

Honestly, I kinda feel like a third wheel here.

I laughed at my thought as I followed behind the both of them, occasionally putting one too many snacks in the cart secretly. 

Heeseung looked at me and mouthed, "You are going to be so dead."