Chapter 30 - Epilogue

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ LEE HEESEUNG ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

━━━━━━━━━━━━

I looked at her with tears still streaming down my face as she held my cheek and brushed them away.

I swallowed every inch of pain that I was feeling so that I could properly communicate my goodbye

No.

I don't want to call it a goodbye. 

I want to tell her how I feel.

"I'll do everything to be worthy of you, Haneul. I'll be the person that you and I both dreamt for me to be." I spoke with confidence.

She laughed at how fast I change my emotions in front of her. This was my last moment with her before she leaves, I can't let myself regret not telling her everything I wanted because I was so blinded by my emotions.

"I'm thankful for you, baby." I whispered to her, "Thank you for always thinking of me, for protecting me. Even when it broke you, you still thought of meof us."

"I'll understand now, I understand that you need to be selfish now. I understand." As those words left my mouth, Haneul's tears came into view once more which only made my heart shatter.

I held her back into my arms once again, I need to hold her for a while before I let her go. I want to.

"I'll wait for you, Haneul," I said with no hesitations. She pulled away from my embrace and looked at me. Her eyes still glimmer with such beauty, that I couldn't help but be mesmerized.

Although her eyes are still beautiful, I finally notice something in them, they hold fear and hesitations. That was when I knew that I really needed to let her go.

I did this to her, it's time I let her heal. For real, this time.

"Will you?" She asked me about my previous statement. 

I nodded, again with no hesitations whatsoever. I would wait for her, for days, weeks, months, years. 

I would.

Even with no assurance, I'd wait. 

"Always. I'm always yours, baby."

━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Heeseung! Time to go!"

I snapped out of my trance as I heard my name being called. I sighed placing the picture that I was holding in my wallet again.

It was a polaroid of Haneul, from Yeonjun when they visited her last year.

It's been years since Haneul left with Kaila, at first I counted the days, but now, it has been so long that I couldn't even remember anymore.

I looked at the calendar and saw that it has been three years.

Three years after she left, with no update, no talks, nothing.

Aside from the usual thing Kaila tells Soobin that she's been doing well. I didn't know what was happening in her life.

It was devastating to say but I have lost faith that Haneul would come back. As far as I've heard, she's been doing amazing with Kaila. She's working in their company and everything seems perfect for her there.

Why would she want to come back here?

Although I lost hope of her coming back, that doesn't necessarily mean that I was not waiting for her anymore.