Chapter 23 - Permanent Pain

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ CHOI HANEUL ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

After what we talked about in the cafeteria, Yeonjun never asked me to go to the company unless he really needed something.

And I was thankful for that.

Somehow after that conversation, they finally understood where I was going. I felt freer and a piece of the burden that I had carried for years have been removed from my chest.

I had a day off today from work and honestly, I did not know what to do. I rarely get any days off nowadays since K has been on vacation and no other hosts could help with the studio's interviews.

I was lazily laying on the couch when the doorbell rang. I stood up and went ahead and opened the door and I was greeted by a pleasant surprise.

"Kaila!"

She smiled at my enthusiasm and hugged me tightly. I could still see her smile as though it was engraved in my mind.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as we moved away from each other. 

She chuckled, coming in and sitting on the couch. "I wanted to hang around for a while, you know before I need to prepare for my flight."

I pouted and looked at her, "You're leaving already? Have you even seen the guys yet?"

She hugged the throw pillow I had on the couch and smiled, "I met them the other day, I was about to call you but Yeonjun said you were busy at work."

"Yeah, work's been a bit busy these days, without K and all." I nodded.

She looked at me like she was about to tease me again about K so I quickly stopped her and directed us to another topic, "Stop that, you still haven't told me anything about you and Soobin."

She shook her head at my poor attempt of changing the topic but still, she let it slide, "We've been well, I mean I don't even understand how but it just works. Even with our busy schedules."

"I think it's actually because the two of you have busy schedules. No one feels like they're getting left behind since you both are busy." I said as I grabbed the snack that I was having earlier.

She snatched a chip from the bag that I was eating and nodded at me in agreement, "Definitely, it's like we don't have time to even argue anymore. The only time we have is to miss each other."

"That is so cringy." I laughed at her statement.

She rolled her eyes at me and said, "It's Soobin and I's kind of cringy, shut up."

That sparked the laughter that continued throughout the entire afternoon. I was happy that my best friend found someone that she grew with. From the childish kind of relationship to this. I am happy for them. 

As soon as Kaila left, I got a call from Yeonjun asking me to go and fetch his old prince costume from high school that he stored in our treehouse. Honestly, even though it sounded concerning I didn't ask. Especially since I know how they all could be whenever they fool around. 

All I could remember hearing is something about a dare and losing some kind of game.

Since I was also bored, I did what he wanted diligently. 

When I arrived, I looked at the tree. I shook my head and forced myself to not get sentimental about it and just grab the costume and go.

But when I arrived at the treehouse, as soon as I saw it, I remembered the last time I was here. When Heeseung was crying in my arms feeling disappointed at himself.