The Night of the Comet

Salvatore Borading House:

Stefan: I'm awake. For the first time in a long time, I feel completely and undeniably wide awake. I welcome the day...Because I know...I will see her again. Stella enters her twin's room. Stella: Dear diary just seeing her makes me feel wide awake and just being around her I feel completely alive. I know that today I will get to see her again. Stefan just rolls his eyes at his twin. Stefan: Funny Stelli. Stella: Thanks Stef I try. Stefan and Stella just laugh at each other. They both leave and head to school.

Mystic Falls High School:

In history class, Elena and Stefan look at each other while their teacher lectures

In history class, Elena and Stefan look at each other while their teacher lectures.Tanner: Originally discovered nearly 5 centuries ago, it hasn't been over Mystic Falls in over 145 years. Now, the comet will be its brightest right after dusk during tomorrow's celebration. Are we bothering you, Mr. Salvatore? Ms. Gilbert?

Stella rolls her eyes at them. Elena and Stefan drop their gazes. The bell rings.

Stefan and Stella are sitting on a table revealing that they have been listening to their entire conversation. Matt: I know, and now there's talk of some missing campers. Elena: Did she say what kind of animal it was that attacked her? Matt: She said it was a vampire. Elena: What? Matt: Yeah, she wakes up last night and mutters "vampire" and then passes out. Elena: OK, that is weird. Matt: I think she was drunk. So what's up with you and the new guy? Elena: Matt, the last thing that I want to do is hurt you. Matt: You know, I'm...I'm actually gonna go back to the hospital. I want to be there when Vicki wakes up, get the real story about last night. Stefan and Stella disappear.

Mystic Falls Hospital:

Stefan & Stella enter the hospital room and they compel her. Stefan: It was an animal that attacked you. It came out of the night and jumped you. You blacked out. It's all you remember. Vicki: It's all I remember. Stella: An animal attacked you. You blacked out. It's all you remember. Vicki: It's all I remember. Matt sees Stefan & Stella leaving. He follows Stefan & Stella. Stefan & Stella enters a room with blood donors and blood bags. His face starts to change, but they leave as quickly as possible. Matt enters the same room. He looks for Stefan & Stella but does not find them.

Salvatore Borading House:

Elena goes to the front door and knocks, it opens and she enters. Elena: Stefan? Stefan? A crow flies into the house. Elena turns around and Damon is standing there. Elena: I...I'm sorry for barging in. The door was...open. Damon: You must be Elena. I'm Damon, Stefan & Stella's brother. Elena: They didn't tell me they had a brother. Damon: Well, Stefan & Stella's not one to brag. Please, come. I'm sure Stefan will be along any second. Elena: Wow. This is your living room?

Damon: Living room, parlor, Sotheby's auction. It's a little kitschy for my taste. I see why my brother's so smitten. It's about time. For a while there, I never thought he'd get over the last one. Nearly destroyed him. Elena: The last one? Damon: Yeah. Katherine, his girlfriend? Oh, you two haven't had the awkward exes conversation yet. Elena: Nope. Damon: Oops. Well, I'm sure it'll come up now. Or maybe he didn't want to tell you because he didn't want you to think he was on the rebound. We all know how those relationships end. Elena: You say it like every relationship is doomed to end. Damon: I'm a fatalist. Hello, Stefan.