Under Control

Gilbert Residence:

Elena is walking out of the house. Elena: Come on Jeremy and Stella, going to school! Walking out the door now! Jenna: Forgot this. (She gives her a thermos.) Elena: Thank you. She opens the door, John is here, he was about to knock. John (with a smile): Elena! Elena: Uncle John! Hi. John (looking at Jenna): Jenna. Jenna: John, you made it. John: I said I'll be here before noon. He enters the house. 

Jenna: Oh what you say and what you do are typically two very different things. Jeremy and Stella come down the stairs. Jeremy: Uncle John, what's up? John: Hey! And who might you be. Jeremy: This is Stella Salvatore, my girlfriend. John: Oh nice to meet you Stella. Stella: Nice to meet you too John. Jeremy slaps him on the shoulder, Stella shakes his hand and leaves. John: I had some business in town; I thought that a visit was in order. Elena: How long are you staying? John: I don't know yet. Elena: Okay, well, I'm gonna go to school, I'll see you later. She leaves; Jenna looks at her and closes the door.

Mystic Falls High School:

Jeremy and Stella are outside, sitting on a couch, listening to music

Jeremy and Stella are outside, sitting on a couch, listening to music. Tyler arrives and sits down next to them. He offers him a joint. Jeremy: Nah. Tyler: What's your problem? Jeremy: I just don't want any. Tyler: All right. They say she OD'd. Jeremy: That's what I don't get, she was doing okay. Tyler: Apparently not. Jeremy: How did she end up buried in the woods? That's what I don't understand.Tyler: By whoever was with her when she OD'd. Jeremy: Yeah but you leave her, you don't take the time to bury her.Tyler: Maybe she saw something and...Hell man, I don't know.

Gilbert Residence:

John, Jeremy and Stella are eating in the kitchen. Jenna is here too. Jeremy: I've no interest in the Founders' Day Kick-off Party. John: Sure you do its tradition. Jenna: It will be our role to break the tradition. John: The Gilberts have been a part of this town for a hundred and fifty years. We're one of the founding families and with that distinction comes certain obligations including going to the party. One day, when you can appreciate the significance, I'll tell you all about your heritage. 

Jenna: Hmm, the Gilbert family legacy. I forgot how sacred it was. I'm not a Gilbert so I was never cool enough to hear it. Stella laughs. Jeremy (To John): Why does she hate you?John: We used to sleep together. Jenna throws a bag at him. Jenna: I'm standing right here. Elena is in her bedroom with Stefan. Elena: Why would he write a report on vampires? Do you think he's starting to remember? Stefan: Stella took away those memories for good, you don't have to worry about that. I tell you what: why don't you just ask him? 

Elena: I...I can't. Stefan: Why not? I mean if he doesn't know anything then it's just an innocent question. Elena: I don't even know how to talk to him anymore. I mean, we used to be a lot more open with each other. But now, with all these secrets just piling up...You know, I haven't even told him that I am adopted yet. Stefan: Maybe it's time you start opening up to him. I'm not saying you should tell him everything but at least try to find out what he does know and be prepared for it. She rubs his shoulder.