History Repeating

Mystic Falls High School:

Stella, Elena and Caroline are walking towards the school

Stella, Elena and Caroline are walking towards the school. Elena: Have you even talked to Bonnie? Caroline: No, I'm mad at her. She needs to make the first move. Stella: Really Caroline are you that thick? Elena: Be the bigger person. Caroline: Impossible in her presence. Elena: Why are you so pissed at her anyway? Caroline: She's a thief, that's why. I gave her my necklace, and she refuses to give it back. It's a matter of principle.

Stella: No she's not. You gave her the necklace, even though my brother gave it to you. Elena: (sighs) All right. Well, I tried. I'm officially out of it. Stella: I'm done. Caroline: Good. Your turn. Where's Stefan? Have you talked to him? Elena: He's avoiding me. Caroline: Why? Elena: (hesitates as she tries to think of what she can say)...It's complicated. (the bells rings, giving Elena an excuse to leave) I'll see you later. 

Stella: Bye Caroline: Bye. (Elena and Stella leave. Matt and Caroline pass each other.) In history class, Elena sits down in class near Bonnie, Stella sits down near Elena as Alaric, the new teacher, prepares for his class. Alaric: Good Morning everyone. Alrighty. (Alaric writes his name on the chalkboard. Elena mouths "Are you okay?" to Bonnie. Bonnie shrugs. Bonnie mouths "Where's your brother?" to Stella. Stella shrugs) Alaric: Alaric Saltzman. It's a mouthful, I know. Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. Saltzman is of German origins. My family emigrated here in 1755 to Texas. I, however, was born and raised in Boston. Now the name Alaric belongs to a very dead great-grandfather I will never be able to thank enough. You'll probably want to pronounce "Alaric" but it's "Alaric," okay? So, you can call me Rick. I'm your new history teacher.

Salvatore Boarding House:

Damon enters Stefan's room and wakes him up with a coffee for him. Damon: Rise and shine! hands him the coffee. You'll be late for school. Stefan: What? What are you doing? Damon: Peace offering. Come on, you need it for blood circulation. Does dead flesh good! (Stefan makes a face, and Damon sighs) All right. I'm sorry. Stefan: (gets out of bed and starts to get ready) Step aside, please. Where's Stella? Damon: She already went to school. I got the town off our back. It was for the greater good, but I'm sorry. And, to prove it, I'm not gonna feed on a human. [beat] For at least a week. I'll adopt a Stefan diet! Only nothing with feathers.

Stefan: (mocks Damon) 'Cause I realize that killing your closest and oldest friend is beyond evil, and yet somehow, it's worthy of humor. Damon: Are you mimicking me? Stefan: (continues to mock him) Yes, Stefan. Now that the secret society of vampires haters is off our back, I can go back to my routine of "How can I destroy Stefan's life this week?" Damon: (mocks Stefan back) And I can go back to sulking and Elena-longing and forehead brooding. (laughs) This is fun! I like this. Stefan: (still mocking Damon) And I will finally reveal the ulterior motive behind my evil and diabolical return to Mystic Falls. Damon: Yeah. I'm done. "That's just like you, Damon. Always have to have the last word."