Children of the Damned

Gilbert Residence:

Stella wakes up in Jeremy's arms and snuggles into his chest and goes back to sleep for a little while. She is awoken by someone kissing her face and she opens her eyes and sees that it is Jeremy, he looks at her and smiles and she smiles back and he leans in so does she and they kiss. 

Stella tries to get up and Jeremy pulls her back down and pulls her closer and kisses her again and Stella looks at him. Stella: Don't you think we should get up loverboy? Jeremy: But I don't want to princess. Stella: I know me either but we should. Jeremy: I know just a few more minutes please. Stella: Ok fine a few more. Jeremy kisses her again and they make out for a little while and they finally get up and they get dressed and they head downstairs to get something to eat.

Stella hears this

Stella hears this. Elena: Do you think Damon really believes us? That we're both trying to help him? Stefan: I don't think Damon knows what to believe. Trust isn't something that comes naturally to him. Elena: You know...I really think that Damon believes that everything he's done, every move that he's made, he's done for love. It's twisted, but kind of sad. 

Stefan: There are other ways to get what you want. You don't have to kill people. Damon has no regard for human life. He enjoys inflicting pain on others. For 145 years, every single time that I and Stella have let our guard down and let Damon back into our lives, he's done something to make us regret that. We're not going to make that mistake again. Elena: So what do you think will happen if the tomb gets opened and Damon gets Katherine back? Stefan: I think that no matter what Damon promises, a lot of people will die. Elena exhales loudly and picks up a photo from the box. Stefan gets up and stands behind Elena, examining the photo.

Stefan: That's Johnathan Gilbert. Elena looks down into the box, puzzled. Elena: What's this? Elena opens up a wooden box. What appears to be a muzzle is contained within it. Stefan looks as if he recognizes the device, but doesn't explain as Jeremy and Stella enter the room shortly after. Jeremy: What are you guys doing? Stella and Stefan stare at each other. Stella gives him a look to let him know that she knows what is going one and he gives her a got you look. 

Elena: Hey. Just going through some stuff, feeling sentimental. Dad had this old family journal from years ago. I thought I'd dig it up. Jeremy sits down on the kitchen counter. Stella stands below him. Jeremy: Johnathan Gilbert's journal? Elena: Yeah, what do you know about it? Jeremy: I just did a history report on it. Elena: Oh. So where is it now? Jeremy: I gave it to Mr. Saltzman. He wanted to see it. Elena, Stella and Stefan exchange looks.

Salvatore Estate 1864: