Fool Me Once

Mystic Grill:

Jeremy and Stella are sitting at a table, doing homework

Jeremy and Stella are sitting at a table, doing homework. Nearby, Tyler is shooting pool while Matt cleans a table and talks to Tyler. Tyler: Ten kegs? You know how much damage we could do with ten kegs? Duke's got it all hooked up. Matt: Duke's a douche. Tyler: Yeah, a douche with ten kegs. Aka, my new best friend. Jeremy scoffs. Stella rolls her eyes. Tyler: What's the problem, Gilbert? Salvatore? Jeremy: Don't have one, Lockwood. Stella: Nothing Lockdick. Tyler: Yeah, I didn't think so. Matt: Do you ever get bored of it? Tyler: Of what? Matt: Yourself. Matt walks off and Jeremy and Stella laugh quietly. Tyler looks at Jeremy and Stella.

Tyler: Keep laughing, guys. Caroline enters the Grill and walks over to Jeremy. Caroline: Hey, Jeremy. Where is Elena? I've been texting her and Bonnie all day about Duke's party. Jeremy: Uh, she went somewhere with Stefan. Caroline: [sighs] I am so not going to be one of those girls who disappears just because she has a new boyfriend. Jeremy: Who is Duke? Caroline: Some guy that graduated a couple of years ago. And he throws a party every time he comes home from Duke. Jeremy: Wait, Duke goes to Duke? Stella gives Caroline a confused look.

Caroline: His real name's Bob or something. [Jeremy and Stella laugh quietly.] He's a total ass. But he buys the beer. You know, you should come. Jeremy: Uh, yeah, I - I don't think so. Caroline: No, seriously. Everyone goes. Even quiet loner little brothers. Think about it. Caroline: Yeah you should come too Stella. Stella: Uh I don't know maybe. [Caroline sees Matt.] Caroline walks up to Matt. Caroline: Hey!

Matt: Hey. Caroline: So, I have a speech. It is fully scripted and well-rehearsed. Are you ready for it? Matt: You wrote a speech? Caroline: Yes. It's a "You kissed me and I don't want things to be weird" speech. It's preemptive. Matt: [chuckles] Preemptive? Caroline: Yeah, you know, in case you were having second thoughts or regrets, or were, like, ooged out- Matt: Ooged, huh? Caroline: Can I just get on with the speech part? Matt: Yeah, go for it. Caroline: So I know that you don't think that this is going to work out between us. I just want to let you know that right here and right now, I'm offering you an out. Like an escape clause.

Matt: Why are you giving me an escape clause? Caroline: I don't wanna make assumptions about what it is we're doing here. Matt: Got it. Caroline: So, if you would like to exercise it, just let me know. Matt: I'm good, but thanks. Caroline: Okay. Good. Matt: Yeah. Caroline: So, see you for Duke's tonight. Matt: Yeah. [Matt smiles and gets back to work. Caroline laughs happily.]

After Stella and Jeremy finish their homework they leave the grill and they head to her house and they hang out there for a while. Until the party starts. Stella changed her outfit and got ready for the party and they got into her car and headed to the party.

The Woods:

Elena and Damon arrive at the party in the woods and see over a dozen students drinking and chatting

Elena and Damon arrive at the party in the woods and see over a dozen students drinking and chatting. Elena: The Duke party. I forgot. I hope they stay clear of the church. Damon: Your hope, not mine. Matt and Caroline walk up to them.

Matt: Elena, hey! Caroline: Elena! Oh my God, where have you been?

Caroline intertwines her fingers with Matt's. Elena acknowledges this action.

Damon: Long story, no time to tell it. Caroline: I wasn't talking to you.

Damon: Sure you were. Matt: We haven't met. I'm Matt. Matt holds out his hand for Damon to shake. Damon: Matt, there's a reason we haven't met. You and I are going that way. Damon grabs Elena's arms and starts dragging her away. Elena looks back at Matt and Caroline as she's being pushed along. Elena: Ah, I'm sorry, guys.

Tyler and another guy are engaging in a beer chugging contest. Tyler wins and slams his cup down on the ground. Tyler: Done! Jeremy and Stella arrive at the party and Tyler spots them. Tyler: I'll be right back. [He walks over to Jeremy] Hey man, uh, you got any weed? Jeremy: Wait, you're kidding me, right? You act like a total dick every time we cross paths, and - and now you wanna party with me?

Tyler: Lighten up, Gilbert. I'm just asking you a question. Jeremy: Look, I don't get you man. Tyler: It's a party. You're a partyer. There's no need to psychoanalyze it.

Jeremy: I don't party anymore and even if I did, it wouldn't be with you.

Tyler starts to walk away. Tyler: No problem. Carry on just standing there. By yourself. All alone. The enemy of fun. Do you even have any friends?

Tyler turns around and walks off. Jeremy turns around and kisses Stella and Jeremy and Stella walk off with their arms around each other. Jeremy is leaning against a tree. Stella is standing in front of him. Jeremy pushes himself into a standing position.

Jeremy and Stella lean into each other and kiss. Ben hits Jeremy from behind. Jeremy falls to the ground, unconscious. Stella: What the hell. Anna: Need him for something, sorry. Stella: Not as sorry has your going to be, Ben snaps Stellas neck. Anna: [sighs] You didn't have to hit her that hard. Ben McKittrick: Yes, I did.

Anna: Grab him and let's go. I'm taking him to meet my mother.

As they are leaving the woods Stefan spotted Stella on the ground and Stefan picked her up and carried her to his car and put her in the back seat. Stella gasped and shot up and looked around and recognized that she was in Stefan's car and she saw him in the front seat. Stella: Thanks Stef. Stefan: Anytime Stelli. Stella leaned forward and hugged Stefan. Stefan: Where do you want to go home or the gilberts to check on Jeremy. Stella: Do I even have to answer that? Stefan: Gilberts it is. Stella laughed.

Gilbert Residence: Elena carries a glass of water and an Aspirin into Jeremy's room and hands it to him. Elena: How's your head? Jeremy: Uh- it's alright. I just....I wish I knew how I passed out. I didn't drink that much, I swear. Elena: And you don't remember anything? Jeremy: The whole things pretty cloudy. I just...I know how this looks. I'm -- I'm sorry. Elena: No, Jeremy, don't be sorry. You didn't do anything, okay? Jeremy: Yeah, okay. Elena: I've got to head on over to Bonnie's for a little bit, but is there anything that you need? Jeremy: No, I'm just...I'm gonna crash. Elena: Okay, well, Jenna's here and I'll be back soon. Elena leaves. Stefan drove there and dropped her off and she knocked on the door and Elena answered it and let her in and she went up to Jeremy's room. Jeremy gets up from his bed. Jeremy turned around and saw her and he ran up and hugged her and kissed her. And pulled her to his desk with him and he went on his com computer. He googles the word "Vampire.

 He googles the word "Vampire