The Turning Point

Gilbert Residence:

The next morning, Jeremy and Stella are up and reading his ancestor Johnathan Gilbert's journal. Jeremy: "I live in fear. It consumes me. In the early evening when I see the sun begin to fade, the fear comes, because I know that the night brings death." Stella: Oh wow. Jeremy continues to flip through the pages of the journal. He finds a loose paper with a sketch drawn on it and becomes inspired. He pulls out an box from his closet and grabs an old sketchbook from it.

He sets the box down and grabs a piece of charcoal. Flipping through the sketchbook, Jeremy sees all the old sketches he used to draw. He smiles at the memories and finally finds a blank page. He starts recreating the loose sketch from the journal. 

Elena walks out of her room and glances into Jeremy's room. Stella waves at Elena and Elena waves back. She walks over to the doorway and sees Jeremy sketching. She smiles and quietly closes the door. Downstairs, Jenna is getting ready to leave. Elena comes down the stairs. Elena: Jeremy's got his sketch pad out. Jenna: You're kidding? Elena: Nope. But don't say a word. The minute we encourage him, he'll put it away. Jenna: Psychology major. Check that!

Salvatore Boarding House:

Stefan walks into the parlor room where Damon is staring out the window. Stefan: So any idea where our darling little sister is Damon. Damon: No, but if I had to guess probably at Jeremy's. Stefan: True. Damon: Yeap. Stefan: So any idea of where you'll go? Damon: I don't know. London, maybe. See some friends. Stefan: You don't have any friends, Damon.

Damon: You're right, Stefan. I only have you. [turns away from the window] So, where are we goin'? Stefan: We are not going anywhere. I'm gonna live my life as far away from you as possible. Damon: (walking towards Stefan) But we're a team! We could travel the world together. We could try out for "The Amazing Race". 

Stefan: Mmmm, that's funny. Seriously, where are you going? Because we are not staying in this town. The doorbell rings. Damon and Stefan glance at the door and back at each other. Stefan leaves the parlor and opens the front door. Liz Forbes is outside. Sheriff Forbes: I'm here to see Damon. Stefan: Uh, sure. Ok. Damon comes to the doorway. Damon: Sheriff. What a surprise. Sheriff Forbes: Sorry to bother you, but we need to talk. Damon: Come in.

Liz enters the house. Damon shuts the door and leads Liz out into the back courtyard. Damon: Um, I hope you understand the secrecy. Stefan doesn't know about this yet and I'd like to keep it that way. Sheriff Forbes: Of course, kids are too young to be brought into this.

 Damon: So, what do you need? Sheriff Forbes: There's been another attack. A female victim, her throat torn out, completely drained of blood. It fits the pattern. Damon: I'm sorry. I don't understand. I thought we solved that problem when I (glances back)...staked the blond one. Sheriff Forbes: I'm thinking she must have turned someone. Or multiple someones. I don't know.

Inside the house, Stefan uses his vamp hearing to listen in to Liz and Damon's conversation. Sheriff Forbes: The story for the town is another animal attack but I'm not sure how long we can keep lying to them. The council is in an uproar. We thought we were past this.

 Damon: So, uh, what do we do? Sheriff Forbes: You're the only one who's ever taken on a vampire. We were hoping you could tell us. Damon and Liz are at the front door. Stefan is sitting in the parlor, still listening to them. Damon: Thank you for stopping by. Sheriff Forbes: Let me know what you come up with. Damon opens the front door for her. Damon: Absolutely.

Liz exits and Damon shuts the front door. Stefan gets up and vamp speeds over to Damon. He grabs him by his shirt and holds him against the door. Stefan: What is wrong with you? You killed somebody? Damon: Get off of me. (pushes Stefan off) A...don't touch me. B...if I had, I wouldn't have been so obvious about it. (walks past Stefan and turns around.)  C...There's another vampire in town.