6

Mia's pov

  Sleeping on a couch wasn't my best idea of a beauty sleep but it was better than staying up all night because I was too afraid to sleep. Too afraid to relieve that day as a nightmare. I wonder why the nightmare's keep coming even after three years. It was like yesterday to me, the day my brother had gotten missing from a car accident. We had all had the accident together but by the time we woke in the hospital we were agitated to find out that Evan had gone missing.

  People, police and the reporters all concluded that his body had been thrown out the car and had been feasted on by a wild animal. Searchs were still carried out but to no avail. Nightmares of the accident, of wondering if he was dead or alive always haunted my sleep and I was happy to have had a sleep with no dreams at all.

   As I walked out the door leading out the basement into the upper floor, all thoughts of accidents, dreams and nightmares fled from my mind.

The thoughts of what he may or may not have done to me occupied my mind as Dylan walked out of somewhere, maybe the kitchen and into the living room. He was looking at me and it felt unnerving, I didn't know who or what he is and I don't think I want to know, all I knew is that I wanted to get out of here as fast as possible.

  I searched around looking for my bag, "it's down in the basement" he said as he moved closer
   "Oh!" I uttered as I unconsciously moved backwards. I hurried back in the basement and picked my bag from where it was beside the couch. I went back upstairs and without saying anything more, I hurried out of the house.

   It was already morning but still dark. I checked my time and saw that it was a little bit past four. I walked the distance to my house briefly after getting back on the road from the woods. As I got closer, I saw the lights on and a police car parked in front of the house. I breathed deeply, I was in for a death sentence. Bailey was going to strangle me right in front of the police man and then walk out majestically. What was I thinking not to have informed her before getting into such a situation, but looking at it from another angle, it wasn't really my fault, everything had happened unexpectedly.

  I walked on to the porch and walked in through the door. The expression of relief was so evident on her face, I thought it was going to burst out and become human. But then her expression turned to one of anger, I didn't bother going in, I just ran back out the front door with her right on my trail.

  I started shouting, "it wasn't my fault, something came up. I wasn't able to reach you".
It took about a minute before she stopped letting my words sink in. "Then you have a lot of explaining to do, giving me a heart attack like that" she said and turned back to the house.

  The police had come out to watch our hide and run and was smiling while shaking his head. "I had told you not to worry. However, I have to be on my way" he said to Bailey and headed to the police car. He got in and drove away. Bailey headed inside and I followed meekly, I still didn't know how to explain.

  Immediately I got in and locked the door, she turned on me with the fiercest glare I had ever seen on her. I actually flinched, it was fierce. I cleared my throat, searching my brain for what to start with, but she didn't even allow me to explain.

  "What were you thinking?, You called and said you were already going home only for me to get there and not see you at home. Hours later, you still were not home. I was freaking out and now I can't even get any sleep" she ranted off. I didn't say anything, I was just staring. She had actually been worried, the bags and fatigue in her eyes showed that.
  "So would you tell me where you spent the night?" She asked
  "Uhm--i--uhm" I stuttered
  She didn't say anything and was just looking at me waiting for me to say something meaningful. I cleared my throat once again, "I spent it at Dylan's place" I said. There was no point in lying, I was a really bad liar and she could see through any lie I told.

  "Are you kidding?!" She said looking me straight in the eye
  "No, something happened"
  "Like the Dylan you complain about to me every chance you got saying he was lazy and left you to do all the chemistry work he was supposed to do with you as your partner?"
   "Yeah!" I didn't know she used to listen
   "Okay, so what happened?"
   "Something I don't know yet, but am sure is dangerous attacked us. So he insisted on my staying with him and not going home in the night". There was silence.
   "What........." I asked as she stared at me not responding
   "You must be really crazy if you think I'll believe that" she said and headed to her room
   "Of course, am serious Bailey. You need to take this seriously, I saw something dangerous. Don't let anything bad happen to you before you believe"
    "Whatever" she said and entered her room.

  I sighed, no one was going to believe. I went into my room and dropped on my bed relieving the incidents of yesterday. I wondered what he was and what he was hiding cause he sure was hiding something.

   I picked my bag and rummaged through it for my phone, I wanted to call mum and dad. I was surprised when I came up with nothing. I had definitely left the phone in my bag and I don't think Dylan would have taken it for anything, 'or would he?' I asked myself. I upended everything in my bag but still didn't find it.

  "Where is my phone?"

                        ******

I really hope you guys enjoyed this chapter?, If you did, pls vote and comment 💖.