21

Mia's pov

       I found it hard to process all I had heard. Not only had his family been murdered by a man but that same man was pursuing him for a certain diamond ring that may likely cause war.

      All these ran through my head as the scary woman and Dylan's friend, Cassius walked out the door. Immediately they left, Dylan turned to face me with a questioning look in his eyes,
     "What?!" He asked and I stared at him for a moment

      "You know what, am lost" I said and he chuckled making my eyes open wide, he had actually chuckled. I never thought I would see the day.

     "You should be lost but you don't want to get involved" he said and I stared at him incredulously,

    "Am I not already involved?" I asked and he nodded lightly,

    "Well, we could say that but I still think you don't want to get fully involved" he said

     "Whatever" I humphed

     "So since the day isn't fully gone, how about I show you the good side of being a vampire" he said ignoring my disgruntles

     "Fine" i replied and he stood up heading out to the back porch with me following behind him.

     As we got out to the back porch, memories of how I had came to a back porch the night I had got bitten filled my mind and I stumbled a little.

    Dylan turned to look at me and his eyes widened in concern,
     "Mia!, Your eyes are red" he stated and I gasped audibly shaking the memories from my head.

     "Are you okay?" He asked me coming closer

     "Sure, just not used to being a vampire, I think" I said clearing my throat nervously.

     "Are you sure cause a vampire's eyes turning red doesn't just happens"

     "Am fine, just teach me the good stuffs already" I said and walked past him

    "Fine" he said and followed me till we reached the woods.

     "Okay, so one of the things I like and enjoy most about being a vampire is the superhuman speed. You get to feel the breeze and just bask in the moment, that's if you are not being pursued though" he said and I smiled

     "Well, that would be fun to......" I was saying but suddenly screamed out when with a move he was inches from me. I shifted back a little since he was within my breathing space and stumbled over my leg but his timely catching of my waist broke the fall.

    I looked at him in that position and got to know that his eyes were blue. I had never seen them before and I couldn't help looking into them. They were so blue and beautiful like shining blue diamonds.

    He cleared his throat and I snapped out of my daydream. I pushed his arm away and stepped back.

    "So uhm how did you do that?" I asked a little bit dazed

    "You just start running and it will come to you" he replied

    "That sounds pretty easy to me" I said and started running through the woods.

    I picked up pace after pace and before I knew it, I started running faster than I ever did. Things around me became a blur and the air flowed around my face making me feel peaceful.

     I kept running and running but stopped suddenly when I realised I didn't know where I was and that Dylan wasn't with me.

    I looked around me trying to find something familiar that would tell me I wasn't lost but I got distracted at the sound of water nearby.

    I stopped my search and traced the sound to an opening in a bush. The bush was pretty much and seemed like a cover making it impossible for a person to guess something was behind it.

   I pushed the bush away and felt my jaw drop open at the sight before me. It was a lake with a low plank leading to it and flowers surrounding it making it look like a garden.

        The lake was quite large and deep for a swim and I couldn't help but admire it

     "So you found it"

     I startled at the voice behind me but relaxed when i turned to see Dylan.

    "Why did you say that?" I asked

    "And what did I say?"

    "You said I found it, does that mean you knew about this place?" I asked again and saw his expression turn to a pained one

    "My sister created this place" he said and I remembered the conversation concerning the killing of his family

    "Am sorry" I said simply hoping he understands

     "She found the lake but had planted the flowers after deciding it was the best resting place ever"

     "She had created a beautiful thing" I said almost in a whisper

      "Yeah" he said and then walked past me to the water

      "You know what?, Am going to swim" he said and started taking off his shirt.

    I felt myself stare at the revealing of his chest. How his chest and arms contracted and bulged as he raised his arms over his head. He finally took off the shirt and i looked up at his face only to find him looking at me.

    I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment and turned away.

     "I'll just sit on the plank while you swim" I said heading to the edge of the plank and sat down just as he dived into the water.

    I took off my heels and rolled up my trousers before dipping my feet into the water tentatively.

     I watched as he broke through the surface of the water and got confused when he started approaching me with a mischievous smile but before I could comprehend what he was doing, he snaked his arm round my waist and carried me before dumping me into the water.

     The water closed in around my head muffling my scream but I finally broke through the surface and turned on him with an angry smile.

    "Hey!!!!?" I yelled and like that he burst into laughter,

    "Am going to murder you" I said and approached him menacingly but that only made him laugh the more.

     I got to his side and splashed water on him making him laugh harder and making me splash harder.

     He put his hands up trying to dodge the splashes but suddenly caught my waist dragging me to his chest.

    "Would you stop already or do you want me to stop you like the other time?" He asked and I gasped which made him laugh.

    How dare he bring up the kiss and in that manner, am sure my cheeks are heating up.

     "Let's go back" I said and climbed out of the water. He climbed after me and shook his head making water from his hair splash around.

    I took off my jacket trying to drain what I could and that's when I sighted something. I moved closer to it and that caught Dylan's attention too,

    "What is it?" He asked but I gave him no answer and studied the object.

   It looked like a bracelet that was mashed into the ground but it had a name embroidered on it with silver thread and it was turned upwards, so I said the name out,

    "Dawn" I said and I saw Dylan stiffen up,

     "What is it?" I asked

      "It's my sister's"

                       ******

  Hey guys, sorry this chapter is coming late but I hope you enjoyed it?. Pls, don't forget to vote and comment 😘.