18

Dylan's pov

    I combed my fingers through my already tussled hair once again as I walked down the halls of Everest college to the locker which had been assigned to me and which I had never used before to drop a physics textbook the lecturer had called compulsory as I thought back to a day ago when I had told Mia that I had turned her into a vampire.

     Her reaction was totally expected but am not so sure she is taking the news so well. I mean, it's two hours past when she was usually in college and I couldn't help wondering what was wrong. I couldn't find Bailey either.

    I reached the locker, put in the combination and opened it. I dropped the textbook and checked the time first before locking the door when the door to the college building whooshed open. I turned with other students in the hallway to check out who it was and felt my jaws dropping.

    Mia stood at the entrance looking like a completely different person and about a minute later, Bailey joined her at the entrance and they both entered. She didn't bother closing the door and left Bailey with that work to do. She started walking down the hallway with different pairs of eyes watching her and I couldn't help checking her out myself.

     She was wearing tight black leather trousers with white halter top and a black leather jacket on top. She finished the dressing with a pair of four inches high heels, a choker necklace and dangling earrings. What was more surprising was that she was putting on makeup and not just a simple one, it was the type of makeup that said 'look at me!". It was black and bold and daring, bringing out all her hidden features like her round eyes, sharp chin and full lips.........

     I stopped that train of thought just as she stopped in front of me with Bailey right behind her.
      "Hey!" I said trying to start a conversation
      "You are looking handsome" she said startling me
      "What did you say?" I asked but her attention was divided by Ruby approaching.

     Ruby clapped her hand slowly as she approached in her exposing clothes and high heels too.
      "And what is our school nerd doing in tight leather trousers?" She asked ignoring us and turning her attention on Mia
      "Oh!, She's rocking it" she replied almost immediately making the gathering crowd hoot.
      "Really!. It doesn't suit you, just go back to being a nerd" she said and was already turning to go back when.......
     "Are you jealous?, Because it doesn't suit you, just go back to being an unaccepted carefree queen whore" Mia retorted and the hoots grew louder.

    Ruby turned back quickly, "what did you say?" She asked
     "I think you heard, try recalling from your battery-dead brain, but I don't think that would even work out" she said and turned to walk away too when Ruby grabbed a handful of her hair and pulled.

    Before Mia stumbled back, I saw her eyes turn bloody red and I groaned deeply. I turned to Bailey to see if I could have any help with holding Mia back but saw her standing there like a statue with her jaws hitting her chest. She was just as dumbfounded as I am.

    Ignoring Bailey, I quickly approached where the two girls had it going. Mia had already grabbed Ruby's hair too and I could see she was about pulling it out from it's roots because her fingernails had become long and Sharp.

    Gasping a little, I rushed the remaining distance and grabbed Mia by the waist pulling her back. She clawed at me trying to make me let go but I spoke into her ear,
     "Okay, that's enough" I whispered and for some reason she calmed down and stopped trying to make me let go.

    Ignoring the boos from the gathered crowd and the profanities from Ruby, I pulled Mia out of there and up the stairs into a nearby empty lecture room with Bailey right behind us. I dropped my hands from her waist upon entering the lecture room and she sat on a chair. I and Bailey also sat.

    We were all silent none of us willing to talk when Mia stood up again.
      "I need to go to the toilet" she announced and I immediately stood up too.
     "You aren't going to follow me to the toilet, are you?" She asked
     "Uhmmm" I stuttered but Bailey helped
     "I could follow you." She said
     "Don't worry, I won't start another cat fight" she said and left. I sat in defeat and kept quiet for a while.

     "Okay!, Now tell me what happened" I said to Bailey all of a sudden
     "I don't know too. I was going to ask you"
     "What did you notice about her behavior this morning?" I asked again thinking of what may have happened to her to make change so much. I mean, Mia was a gentle lady who wouldn't start a fight for a million dollars but now did it because of a few words. Or who wouldn't wear anything tight but was always rocking baggys.

     "When she woke this morning, she was acting all sassy and hotheaded, she even yelled at me. Then she went on about how her closet was totally outdated and started going through my closet which was were she saw what she is wearing. Then she took my jeweleries and used my makeup, applying it even better that me. I was ready for lectures today before her and she didn't care but I couldn't leave her like that, I knew something was wrong." Bailey said barely catching her breath.

     "Yeah, something is definitely wrong" I replied but stopped talking when she walked in. She went to sit and I didn't realize I was looking at her until....
      "Why are you guys staring at me like an alien?" She asked
      I blinked away and didn't answer.

       "We have lectures now and that is..........." I was saying when she cut me off with her next statement making I and Bailey's jaw to drop for the second time in a day.

         "I want to skip lectures for today!"

                      *******

   Hey guys, here is another chapter and I hope you really enjoyed it?????. Pls don't forget to vote and comment.

    Question: what do you think is wrong with Mia?