22

Dylan's pov

      I paced round my parent's house living room with the bracelet still in my hand while Cassius sat on a sofa watching me.

     Mia had gone back to her house immediately we arrived at my house and even though I had insisted on escorting her, she had firmly said no, claiming she could go home herself. But I had followed from behind, anyway.

    "Do you care sitting down for a minute?" Cassius asked,

    "I don't think I can or would, I have a feeling that my sister, Dawn is in this town and even though that may seem like I am getting my hopes up, I still have the feeling" I replied still pacing,

     "Fine, you have a feeling and I believe your feelings but take a sit, let's talk" he said and I sat down on a chair opposite him with a sigh.

    "Now, we can't conclude that Dawn is in this town, it may have dropped while they were abducting her, either dead or alive, hundred years ago" he started when I sat down,

     "Okay then, that is a possibility but are we just going to let the matter go like that?" I asked,

     "No, am going to find out what I can but you have to promise not to do anything rash that will bring attention to us" he replied and I nodded my promise.

    "Then, that is settled" he finished saying and went into the guest room to do God knows what.

     I sat down for a while trying to think but it just wasn't working, so I decided to take a walk and probably run, just to calm myself.

     I went out of the house without telling Cassius, not because I didn't want to but because he would know how to find me, if something went wrong.

    I walked through the woods thinking back to years ago and how our family had been peaceful and joyous until my father had been chosen vampire head.

    Athan had become jealous and had since been plotting how to overthrow my father and his first step had been to get the ring but that had failed, thankfully.

    I got distracted from my thoughts by a feeling. It felt like something wasn't right and that something dangerous was coming, so i slowed down my walk and kept looking around me until I heard a twig breaking. Then I stopped.

    I kept listening for another sound and I heard it soon enough, another twig breaking, so I followed the sound to find a figure in black approaching a lady  that was moving through the woods.

   She seemed like she was headed somewhere and soon enough we broke through the woods and on to a clearing that led to a beautiful back porch.

   It looked really familiar and it didn't take me long to remember that it was Ruby's porch, where the party took place some weeks ago.

    I stared at the lady's back trying to figure out who it was. I first thought that it might be Ruby but had second thoughts at the colour of the hair.

    From what I knew of Ruby, she had blonde hair but this lady had black hair and was in a long flowing gown with her hair flowing down behind her back.

   I looked back at the figure as he made a move on the lady before she reached the porch and I prepared myself to defend the lady cause I knew that the figure or should I just say the person was a dangerous person, probably a vampire.

    But I froze at the next thing that happened.

    The figure got to the girl's side and was lunging for her neck when she turned around with bared sharp teeth and slashed at the figure with long sharp fingernails.

    The figure dropped and groaned from the pain but the wound on his arm soon closed up, healing itself and I knew that he was a vampire.

     The girl's eyes were glowing red as she looked at the vampire on the ground and her sharp teeth were so long making her seem like a different species from other vampires.

    The figure got up from the ground while the lady watched and lunged at the lady again, but she grabbed his arm twisting it behind the vampire's back and letting him scream in agony, before dropping him for the second time.

     His arm repaired itself and as a foolish vampire or maybe he was just hungry, he came at the lady and without wasting anymore time, she drew a wooden object from somewhere in her gown and buried it in the figure's heart, making it known to me that that was just a stake.

    I looked up at the girl just as she looked up and saw me and before I could comprehend what was happening, she was in front of me and had her hands wrapped around my neck.

   But that wasn't what paralyzed me, what did was the person I saw.

     It was Ruby.

                      ******
    Hey lovelies, here's a new chapter and even though I feel it's short, I hope you enjoyed it?.
     Pls, don't forget to leave a vote and many comments 😁.