15

Dylan's pov

      Damn it!!
    I was just about to bandage the injury on her neck to avoid questions, but now I just have to find a way to avoid telling her that she had been bitten by a vampire. I could still remember the horror I had felt when I saw had seen her on the ground gasping desperately for breath. I had done the one thing on my mind I knew I would regret. And now here we are with Mia asking questions.

     "I just asked a question" she said bringing me out of my reverie
     "Oh!, Uhm, it's an animal bite" I said to her while trying my best not to look at her
    "Really, could you tell me what animal?" She asked again while standing from the bed to get a clearer look at the mirror
    "Uhm........, A dog"
    "A dog?, A dog bite won't be this deep and if I remember correctly I had seen one of those red eyed creatures right before I blacked out momentarily" she said while turning to look at me.

    I shifted uncomfortably from foot to foot as I searched my mind for what to say.
     "It must have been.......... A dream. Am pretty sure an animal bit you"
      "Are you trying to tell me I don't know what am saying" she said her voice rising impatiently
     "No!"
     "You are not telling me something"
     "No!, Not at all"
     "I can't believe you are lying to me. After all the trouble you've brought me, the least you could do is tell me what brought about the bite on my neck??" She continued while coming closer to me
     "Uhm........" I stuttered
     "Don't you dare say a lie, or am going to........"

      The rest of the words died in her mouth as I caught her to the wall and crushed my lips onto hers. It was the last thing I expected myself to do but I had to admit that I was enjoying the kiss. I moved my lips gently against her, syncing my lips with the contours of hers and tasting the sweetness of strawberry on my tongue. She was so stiffed up that I didn't expect her next reaction. She moved her lips against mine for a second or two but as if it dawned on her what she was doing, she immediately stopped and brought her hands up my chest, bringing the sweet kiss to an end.

    Immediately she stepped back, her hands connected with my cheeks but that wasn't what caught my attention, it was the blush on her cheeks. It was like a flower blooming in the sun, beautiful and sweet. She looked down and ran out of the room. I guess the kiss had done it's work of shutting her up but it was still nice anyways.

    I heard the front door shutting and knew she had left with her friend. I went out of the room and into the living room to see Cassius coming out of the kitchen.
     "Where are the girls?" He asked
     "They are gone"
     "What did you do?"
     "Nothing, Mia woke up"
      "Okay. Seat down, there's a lot to talk about but before that, take this" he said as he handed me a black bag. I took it and opened it to find a bag of blood there. I looked up at him and he shrugged.
     "It's just pig blood to at least put your hunger for blood at bay to some extent"
    "Am afraid it may just wake the hunger"
    "Not with your type of control but still vampires have limit. I had seen the way you looked at Mia that night when she was gasping for breath. Even in her condition at that time, you were still eyeing her blood"
     "Ugh!, Whatever" I said and tore the bag containing the pig blood. I drank it to the last drop and didn't know my eyes had turned red not until Cassius cautioned me. I blinked the redness of my eyes away and tossed the bag to a side. I turned to Cassius....

      "So......"
       "Here it is. It was one of Athan's minions that had bitten your friend....."
       "She's not my friend. Just my chemistry partner" I said cutting him off
       "Whatever. So I followed him to their hideout and listened in on a meeting they were having. All the vampire families in our clan had come from our town to have a meeting with Athan and they concluded to strike on the blood moon which is about five weeks from now"
      "That's bad"
      "I agree with you but I think I have a solution."
      "Which is?"
      "Me going back to Bloodville, our town to get Callidora for help. As the leader of the vampire council, she would know what to do"
      "Sure thing. But nobody is going to stop me from killing Athan, he murdered my family and am going to take revenge."
      "I don't know about that, but I would go early tomorrow to our town in order to meet Callidora fast"
      "Okay"

      With that we both kept quiet, each of us trying to avoid the topic neither of us wanted to talk about but I still was the one to talk first,
       "So what are we going to do about Mia?" I asked Cassius
       "There's nothing we can do, we just have to watch her closely while she turns into a vampire"

                         ******

      There it is guys, it was late in coming but I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter.
     Please don't forget to vote and comment, love you 😘😘.