13

Xxx's pov

      He walked briskly through the woods heading to the house hidden behind the hill in a corner of the town and hoping no one had noticed his absence. They had found the house when they arrived in the town about four weeks ago deserted and ready to live in after some cleaning and dusting which was an odd work for vampires to do. The town sucked to him, their head had banned the taking of human blood for awhile to avoid suspicions and some other reasons known to him. So they had to do with animal blood for awhile which had been so difficult seeing as they had become accustomed to human blood. Now he had made a terrible mistake which had no remedy.

     He was so engrossed in his thoughts he didn't see the leg set out for him. He tripped over it and fell flat on his back while using his sharp sight to figure out the person.
     "What are you doing?" He asked the individual
     "I should be asking you that, you left the house without telling anyone and went to do what???"
     "Nothing, was just taking a walk"
     "Hmmm.., a walk, the blood on your mouth says differently"
The man on the floor wiped the corner of his mouth while looking away guiltily which only confirmed the suspicions of the other.
    "You know you're in deep shit. Athan mustn't catch this scent of human blood on you or you are dead man. Weren't you thinking before you went against our head's words???"
     "It was hard not to have it when it was so close to me"
     "Well, next time, you would learn to control your appetite. Get up!, there's a meeting of the four family heads in an hour."

    The man on the floor stood up and dusted his clothes while he followed the other which was already moving through the woods using his speed. They got to the house and entered not taking notice of the females cleaning some areas of the house. They were vampires though, since Athan detested humans so much to even recruit them as maids. The house was very wide and large to contain a family of vampires and even more but only Athan lived there with a few of his minions. The rest of the family heads were going to be arriving from the vampire town very far away from this one.

    About five minutes to the start of the meeting, the first head arrived and was greeted by the two minions, followed by the rest and they all settled in a room designed to be a conference room. Athan walked in and sat on the chair at the front of the table facing everyone. Hearing a pin drop was the rate of silence in the room. Athan was a very feared man not only in his vampire clan alone but in the entire vampire town in Scaville. People knew of his evil deeds and even the fact that he had killed Mr and Mrs Hemlock, the parents of Cruz and Dawn Hemlock, so no one wanted to get into his black books.

    "There has been a new development in our quest for the ring. Cassius arrived in town some days ago and you know just how powerful he is being a guardian vampire. We had a very good chance of killing that boy and getting the ring but Cassius had to show up. I called on you guys to ask your advice" he started commencing the meeting
    "I suggest we take care of both Cassius and the boy and get the ring but the problem is we don't know where the so called ring is!" Eligio, a family head commented
     "As for me, I suggest we don't make a move for now. We should pretend as if we were no more in quest for the ring and wait for them to relax" another family head, Clemente commented.
    "Are you saying we stop in our search for the ring after pursuing this boy for an hundred years??" Athan asked Clemente
    "No, am just saying we should let them get their guard down and strike when they aren't expecting it"
    "I agree with Clemente" Marco, also a family head said
    "Don't you have anything to say, Dario" Athan asked the last family head in the conference room
    "Nothing much, I agree with Clemente too"
   "Okay, that settles it. We let them get their guard down and then strike"
    "Yes!" The family heads chorused their answers
     "Another thing to discuss, is the coming of the blood moon in about five weeks. I say we get the ring that day because my power would be enhanced and I will be able to change to my wolf form."
     "Okay!!"
     "But the problem about that is that Cassius can help Cruz in knowing his potentials which could make him even more powerful than I"
     "That may be true but they are out-numbered which is in our favour. We are about 10 from all the families who can change into more powerful forms" Marco commented
       "That's true. So that would be all for now. The boy has proved difficult and that would bring him earlier to the grave than his parents" Athan said and with that they left the room.

                             *****

    This chapter came unexpectedly to me and I decided to put down the view of Athan and the other families, so I hope you liked it. 
          If you did, kindly leave a vote and as many comments as you want, like or wish. Thanks💖.