19

Mia's pov

"You guys should stop looking at me like I lost my mind" I said to Dylan and Bailey as they kept staring at me
"Maybe you did" Bailey muttered but I wasn't surprised I heard her clearly since I was now a vampire
"Did you say something?" I asked her pretending not to have heard what she said
"Uhm, I didn't say anything" she replied.

     We all kept quiet and I couldn't help thinking about what I had just done. I had gotten into a fight with the queen of Everest college and I was so embarrassed about it now that I had calmed down. I really don't know what had gotten into me, I had just woken up with this feeling to do something irrational and the first thing I had done was yell at Bailey over some piece of paper.

"You want to skip lectures?" Bailey asked bringing me out of my reverie
"It isn't such a bad thing, is it?" I asked fiddling with my fingers
"Well it isn't really bad, but it is  bad for you!. I never thought a day will come when you would be willing to skip lectures"
"You make it sound like am considering murder. It's just for today, I feel really stressed and irritable and am afraid I might do something irreparable again"

"Are you okay?" Bailey suddenly asked coming to sit beside me and feeling my forehead but instead of answering, I stole a glance at Dylan to see him watching us like some movie.

I turned back to Bailey and something strange happened. My eyes were drawn to her neck and I could suddenly hear the pulse in her neck. I started drawing closer for some reason while her pulse pumped wildly in my ears. It felt like it was messing with my brain and thinking cause i felt like biting her right on the neck.

I was already close to Bailey who was unmoving while she watched me warily with my teeth bared when Dylan suddenly appeared beside us.

    He placed his hands on my arm and drew me up, placing my head over his shoulder like he was trying to shield me from Bailey.
     "We would be back in a minute" he said to Bailey and walked us out of the room. He went into a restroom before he removed my head from his shoulder.

    "So what is happening?" I asked him and he motioned me to check the mirror in the restroom. I turned to the mirror and gasped at the reflection I saw. My eyes were bloody red just like those people and Dylan, my teeth had grown longer and sharper, same for my nails too. Not only that, my skin had become pale and it looked like I just woke from the dead.

     I couldn't help breaking down,
        "Why am I like this?, What is happening to me?" I asked my voice raised
       "Hey hey, calm down" he said coming closer to me and holding my shoulders but I shrugged him off.
      "I should calm down!, you're really telling me to calm down!?, Look at me, I've changed, my life is changed and it's all because of you. Strange things are happening to me and I almost bit my best friend on the neck for a reason which I do not understand and you're telling me to calm down" I said yelling at him.

     "Look......." He started saying but I cut him off,
     "Don't say anything, I don't want to hear anything from you again, just get away from me" I said and tried walking past him but I met with his chest.

    I stepped back from him and tried walking past again only for him to wrap his hands around me trying to keep me from going out.
     "Keep your hands off me" I screamed but he was unmoving. I then beat frantically on his chest repeatedly thinking that would make him let go but after some minutes of beating his chest, I calmed down and settled against his chest, letting out all the tears and emotions in me. He patted my back and I felt comforted.

    We stayed in that position for a long time until we heard a noise outside like someone passing, so we pulled away from each other and stood apart awkwardly.
     "Am sorry for crying on your shirt" I said shifting from foot to foot
     "It's fine and am sorry for changing your life" he replied
     "Well, I won't say it's fine" I said and we both laughed thereby easing the tension.

     "You know what, why don't we go to my house and let me show you somethings about being a vampire, right after we sneak out" he said
     "Uhmm sure, I guess"
     "Cool, now let's go meet Bailey before she finds us herself" he said and we left the restroom

     I stopped at the entrance to look at the sign and breathed a sigh of relief when I saw female. Good thing it wasn't the male restroom. We got to the room to find no one there but a note which said,
     "Mia, am really sorry to have left before you guys came back and to have left you in the hands of the guy you don't trust, but I really had to attend history, will see you later and beware of Dylan. Bailey"

       Unfortunately for me, I had read the note out loud and now Dylan would know I don't really trust him. I turned to him and opened my mouth to say something in defense when....,
      "Oh!, It's fine, totally fine not to trust me. Let's just start sneaking" he said and turned to the door leaving me no choice but to follow.

      We successfully sneaked out of the college which was possible because of the absence of students in the hallway. Immediately we got out, Dylan made a turn leading us to a sleek brand new bike that was parked on the street.
      "Wow, who owns it?" I asked
      "Me of course, why else would I lead you to it" he replied sarcastically
      "Whatever, when did you get it because I can remember not seeing you with a bike when I met you"
     "Yeah, I got it a week ago" he replied
     "But no one rides a bike in this town"
     "Well, I do now, sue me. Now, are you getting on or do you wish to walk by yourself"
     "I just hope you know how to drive this thing" I said ignoring his question while hesitating
    "I learn fast" he said and shoved an helmet to my stomach while putting on a second one.

    He got on the bike and I got on behind him, sitting tentatively until he started the bike suddenly and I got smashed to his back.
     "You could have given me a warning" I yelled at him
     "Did you say something?" He asked pretending not to have heard me and I punched him playfully at the back.
     "Hold on tight, we're about going for a ride" he said again while revving the bike.

    I wrapped my hands around him and he sped off. As he sped on the deserted street with one or two cars passing, I couldn't help smiling. I felt so peaceful with the breeze blowing on my face, my hair flowing behind me and my head on Dylan's back, it was marvellous.

     We got into the woods and that feeling died, I became anxious and a little bit fearful maybe because everything that happened to me happened in the woods. He stopped in front of a big ancient house that I couldn't help but admire and took off his helmet. I took off mine too before coming off the bike, then faced the house. It was tall and beautiful, looking like it had seen a lot and maybe it had.

    "You like it?" Dylan asked as he came to my side
    "Yeah, your house is big and beautiful" I replied
    "Thanks, let's go in" he said and led the way into the house.

     I followed him and I continued with admiring the old interior decoration until a woman came out of a room.she was of average height with dark red hair and an attire that looked like she was going for war.

     I gasped loudly and that caught Dylan's attention. He then turned in the direction of the woman but immediately relaxed.
    "Oh!, I know her, it's fine" he said and I couldn't help asking

       "Who is she?"

                          *****

   Hey guys, here it is and I hope you liked it?. Pls don't forget to vote and comment.