8

Before you read on, I want to give special shoutouts to Amelia-Law, BOUJIEQUEEN, ChildoftheSilverMoon and so many more for their supports to this book. They have been such great friends to me and I want you to check out their stories, they are particularly interesting. Thanks💖💖.

          ******

    Dylan's pov

   "What are you doing here?" I asked the hooded figure, he could be one of Athan's minions whom he had sent again.
"Athan wants to see you" he replied confirming my suspicions
    "And I don't want to see him"
    "Oh you will. Either willingly or forcefully"
    If I declined going with him, he could start a fight here and lectures for that hour would soon be over which could cause a disaster.

    "Okay, let's go" I said and lead the way out of the college building. He followed me and after sometime I lagged behind in order to make him lead the way. He looked back a couple of times and after sometimes, he stopped checking and that was when I struck. I released the control I had on my vampire traits and my eyes turned bloody, my nail grew longer and sharper and my fangs extended.

    As if he knew something was up, he looked back at that moment but I didn't even let him comprehend what was happening, I struck out with my nails aiming for his throat but he moved back and missed by an inch. He immediately stood straight using his nails to scratch my side and I wasn't so lucky in dogding that. I spun around giving him a 360 crescent kick, he dodged that but wasn't ready for the punch coming right behind it. It hit him square in the face and he stumbled back. I didn't give him time to rest cause he could use just two seconds in recovering from that and gaining full strength back. I delivered an upper cut to his face and gave him punch after punch, on the stomach, face, ribs anywhere in other to weaken him.

     I was about delivering another punch when someone held my hand. I looked back at the person only to be blinded a blow to the face. I wasn't given time to recover as blow after blow was delivered destabilizing my body. I should have known Athan wouldn't have sent one person to come after me, only I hadn't seen the other person if not I would have had a better plan of getting out of this. Now I was screwed, not only was I going to be dragged to Athan's whereabouts, I was also going to get killed and tortured. Everything was going to fail, my parents wishes, my running for hundred years and the possible death of my sister.

    The person dropped me to the ground, and out of my swollen eyes I saw the other guy get up, all fully recovered and I had a good look at the other guy. They were both wearing hoodies and they were both Athan's minions. I tried getting up but I felt an instant sting on my neck. I slapped on the area and looked at them.

     "What was that?" I asked them
     "Just something to keep you calm" they answered
     "Oh no no....." I mumbled
    They couldn't have injected me with 'eternal slumber'. It was a powerful portion created by Athan more than hundred years ago used to make vampires fall into deep slumbers, my father had warned me about it since he started suspecting Athan of his  plan to take over power from my parents. I sometimes suspected him of using it the night he had killed my parents.

      I started feeling dizzy. Not after all this time, I couldn't go down like this. I tried crawling away to get away from them but the portion was already taking effect on my body. They laughed, actually laughed cause am sure I looked pathetic. I stopped and accepted fate until I heard her voice.

   I breathed a deep sigh of relief, she gave me hope that maybe I could get away until I remembered she was human and couldn't fight one vampire alone talkless of two.

     That was all I could think before darkness engulfed my sight and everything turned black.

                      ******

      Hey guys, here is another chapter and am sorry it's short. I just hope you enjoyed this chapter??