12

Dylan's pov

     I pushed through the bodies crowding the living room where the live of the party was as I looked for a place where I could be alone and still keep watch on the happenings around the party.  I found an area which was free of people and I sat down on an available stool. I scanned the area and when I didn't see anything suspicious, I relaxed a little. My mind flashed back to yesterday when I had a conversation with Cassius about Mia.

             *****

    *Flashback*

        "Who is the girl?" Cassius asked abruptly as I sat down to talk. I looked at him expecting him to elaborate until it dawned on me that he was talking about Mia.
      "Oh!, She's my chemistry partner in college" I answered nonchalantly
     "Okay, but what was she doing around you when Athan's men where about to take you away?"
     "I don't really know but she knows a lot and am trying my best to avoid her in order to keep her away from trouble"
     "I don't think that's possible anymore, Athan's men has already seen her around you making her vulnerable to attack from them"
     "Well....., I don't know what to do?"
      "What you're going to do is keep an eye on her from afar. Don't let her know or let Athan's men know. You have to be discreet"
     "Okay, I'll do that but I want to discuss something else with you"
     "Okay, what's that?"
     "There is going to be a party at a college student's house and I don't know if Athan's men are going to show up or do something"
      "That's serious." He stated as he roughened his smooth hair with his hands trying to think.
      "We aren't sure if they are going to do anything at all or even show at the party but what I think we should do is keep an eye on the party also, to make sure nothing goes wrong"
      "That's fine by me" I said

            *******

   I scanned the area once more as the conversation went through my head. I sincerely didn't want Mia getting into trouble, she's too naive, innocent and curious and that was her problem...... Curiosity.

     A loud scream stopped the train of my thoughts and I looked around expecting some reaction but the party went on like nothing had happened. Then I realised it was my sharp hearing that had made me hear the scream, seems like nobody heard it. I followed the direction where I think I heard the scream and pushed through a door.

   Outside the door was nobody but a back porch and the night. I looked around expecting to see someone or anyone around but I saw nothing. I turned back about to enter thinking it was my imaginations when I heard a slight ruffle from the bush nearby. From the look of it, the bush probably led into the woods near the house.
   I waved it off as maybe an animal running around when I heard it again but this time I heard faint footsteps too, so I turned from the door and was going into the bush to inspect when a voice stopped me.....

    "Hey there, who are you?"
      I turned to find out who it was only to see Ruby.
       "Oh!, It's you. I didn't know you were going to come since you were acting all cool and nonchalant about everything" she said coming closer to me
     "Yeah!, It's me and I need to attend to something right now"
     "And what could that be?, Why not just have some fun" she stated coming even closer as she wiggled her hips.
     "Well because I can't right now" I stated and turned to go when.....
     "I don't think that's the way out the door, you have to go through the front"
     "Shit!" I yelled in my mind. Couldn't ladies just mind their business. I turned to her with a charming smile I put on only once in a blue moon.
    "You know what, I think am going to have fun just as you suggested" I said drawing her close to me as I looked into her eyes bringing out my boy charm and drawing circles on her arm.
    "That's good then. Why don't we go inside" she suggested
    "Okay" I said and allowed her to pull me back into the party as I threw one last glance at the bush I was supposed to be inspecting.

    I just hoped that Cassius was taking care of whatever it is cause he would have heard the scream too or maybe not. She drew me in and closed the door and instead of staying in the living room where the party was, she took me to an empty room which I was guessing was the guest room.

    She walked provocatively to the bed and sat down as she spread her arms out making her boobs look enlarged but the problem was I wasn't turned on or anything as she would expect. There is only one person or eyes that could get a reaction from me and i was trying to avoid her. I moved towards where she sat and bent down to her eye level. She drew closer to me and brought her lips down on mine. I wasn't expecting that but I used that as the opportunity I needed and stared straight into her eyes. Within a minute she slagged in my arms falling into a deep slumber. I immediately tucked her in the bed there and wiped the lip gloss on my lips as I went out of the room. I locked it quietly and went back to the door and out into the night. I immediately went through the bush and into the woods behind it searching for anything or anyone suspicious but came up with nothing. I continued searching sure about the fact that I had heard something but still saw nothing until I heard faint breathing somewhere.

    I traced the breathing to a spot in the woods and saw a sight I didn't want to believe.........

                    *******

      Hope you enjoyed this chapter?, If you did, pls give a vote and as many comments as you want. Thanks 💖.