17

Mia's pov

   I hurried out of the house and through the woods forgetting that some dangerous people or creatures were still running around. That was the least of my worries now. As I walked through the woods, I heard distant chirps of birds, howls and other different sounds that naturally I wasn't supposed to hear.

    I got to the bookshop in time and greeted Linda, the lady at the bookshop counter.
     "Hey!" I greeted
     "Mia, how are you doing?"
      "Well, I don't know yet but I need your help with something"
      "Okay...."
       "I need books that talk about the supernatural, I don't know if you have them since I hardly come here for books like that"
      "Oh yes we do. Lots of them actually, both fictional and non-fictional."
      "Okay, that's good then"
      "Follow me" she said and walked out of the counter. She started walking through the bookshelves looking for something.

    She stopped at a spot and I assumed we had gotten there.
      "Okay, so this shelf is all about the supernatural. You can go through them to find what you are looking for" she said confirming my earlier suspicions.
      "Thanks so much" I said and she left heading back to her former position.

     Immediately she left, I started going through the books on the shelf searching for anything close to what am looking for and stopped abruptly when I spotted a book. It was a book bounded by leather and on the front of the book was what caught my attention. There was a cartoon like picture of a man or guy that resembled the people that followed Dylan around and under the picture was boldly written VAMPIRES.
    "Seems like what am looking for" I said to myself.

    I took the book and headed for a chair in the rows of chairs arranged orderly in a corner of the bookshop for people who wanted to read there. The bookshop also offered tea and coffee but I will pass. I just wanted to find out about these people.

     I opened the book and the fist thing I knew was that it was a nonfictional book. Then I also knew that the book had been written about 50 years ago.
      "Woah!, Pretty old" I thought.

    I opened to the first page of the book and started reading. I was so engrossed and getting to know this species of human beings but stopped halfway through the book when I saw a particular sentence which sent some horror coursing through me.

    It said...., "A bite from a vampire can turn a normal person into one but they are usually left for dead to avoid it".

     Why that sentence sent shivers through me, I wouldn't know but maybe it was because right before I fell unconscious, I had seen a vampire as they are called and the injury on my neck looked like a bite mark. I stood up suddenly, I have to go and see Dylan even though he is so stingy in saying things that concerns me.

     Without bothering to return the book, I hurried out of the bookshop saying a short goodbye to Linda. I went through the woods again, so unconcerned about those people or creature who I now know to be vampires.

    I tried tracing the house where I and Bailey had come out from earlier today and was surprised to find the house fast. Not even cautioning myself, I pushed the door and found it open. In the living room, I found the other guy who had saved our asses weeks ago.

     "Good evening," I said to him
     "Good evening, what can I do for you?" He asked politely. We had not really related since he told me to take Dylan and run that day but still I considered him nice.
     "Am looking for Dylan"
     "He's in his room upstairs"
      "Thanks" I said and without saying anything more, I went up the stairs and opened a few door before I found his. The house was really spacious and big and beautiful, making me more suspicious of Dylan. I mean how had he gotten the house.

     I opened the door without knocking and found him on a king-sized bed holding a ring. It was diamond and very beautiful causing me to gasp. He looked up sharply at the sound and started packing the ring up.
     "I think the door was there for a reason which is to knock" he said sounding a little bit angry. Maybe I had walked in on a private moment but whatever, he has a lot to answer to.
     "Am sorry. We just need to have a conversation very urgently"
     "Am all ears" he said with his back to me. He had kept the ring somewhere in the floor and I couldn't help wondering what the ring is all about.
     "Okay, so I want you to know I know what and who you are" I said earning a sharp jerk of his head to me.
     "What did you say?"
     "I said I know you are a vampire"
     "Who told you that?"
     "A book"
     "It doesn't make sense to believe what books say"
     "Oh yes, it makes sense. At least it explains to me what you find difficult to tell me and I have every reason to believe that I had been bitten by a vampire"

    His sharp intake of breath confirmed my suspicions. He opened his mouth to say something, then closed it back.
    "How sure are you?" He asked searching my face
    "Ninety nine percent sure" I answered and he combed through his hair with his fingers distracting me for a second with his handsome face thereby bringing to life the memory of that kiss. I felt my cheeks heating and turned my face away thereby making me oblivious when Dylan reached my side.

       He put his hands on my shoulders and led me to the bed.
      "You need to sit for what am about to tell you"
      "Okayyyy" I said and sat down without hesitation
     "You want to know this badly, so I will tell you. That night at the party, I heard a strange sound and came out to inspect but got distracted by someone. By the time I came out to find out what was wrong, I saw you in the woods gasping for breath like any moment you could die" he narrated and I sat up at his last statement.
    "I was about to die?" I asked
    "Yes, so I did the only thing I could do at that moment and that was give you my blood to drink. Vampires have the ability to heal themselves and my blood was to help you with that. But it had a defect and that is it was going to change you into a vampire" he continued and it took a moment for me to put his sentence together meaningfully in my head. By the time I understood him, I gasped loudly.

       "You had turned me into a vampire!!!!!!!"

                        *****

   That's it guys. I hope you enjoyed it?. Let me know in the comments section and please don't forget to leave a vote.