••уσυ'яє αℓινє••

"Love don't lie.
And that's the truth,
Look me straight in the eye for the proof."
ー Love Don't Lie

"You're lying. That's not a mark left from a normal accident." He said now in a quite raised tone as he stood up from the bed changing the whole direction of the conversation and mood in between them.

"Why w-would I be lying?" She spoke now in a panicked manner.

"You're lying! That mark... I've seen many like that before... Don't you dare lie to me!"

"I-I.."

"That's from a gun shot!"

"No! It's not!"

"Stop fking lying to me!" He yelled taking out his gun and pointing it towards her.

But before the gun could stay pointed at her for more than a second, someone came in between the gun and Jia.

And that someone was none other than Minho.

"Seojoon-ah, you need to listen to what I have to say. Don't come on conclusions so soon." Minho said in a soothing voice trying to calm him down.

"And why do you think I would believe any word you say? Don't forget, I still have not forgiven you for the lie you put on all along. An another lie and I will not hesitate to do something harsh." He said sternly.

"I know I shouldn't have hid the fact that I knew her from before. And I still am sorry to you and others for that. But this...I can explain this one."

"I don't need your fcking explanations anymore!" He raised his voice making Jia flinch.

Considering the heat of situation, she got scared that having gun in possession is quite dangerous so out of an instant reaction, she pushed Minho away from front of her before knocking the gun off from Seojoon's grasp in a blink of eye.

Witnessing the cool-looking scene in front of him, Seojoon scoffed before speaking up, "Nice one, Superintendent Park Jia of Seoul Head Quarters of Cops."

Hearing the words that he just said, Jia and Minho both became as still as stone sharing a look to each other.

"I'm kinda shocked that you were able to hide your abilities and profession so long for me. But coming to think of it, you're not an officer from a lower rank so that's quite understandable." He said holding the eye contact with her completely ignoring the existence of his mate.

"Y-You-"

" Now I understand why you felt somewhat familiar when I saw you on the day of your marriage ceremony..." He trailed off as he linked every piece of the puzzle into one another before speaking up again, "One year ago, on 21st of November... I met you for the first time, Park Jia."

|| One Year Ago ||

"Seojoon, leave her! We don't have much time! The rest of her group must be on their way to here by now!" Taemin yelled at Seojoon whose eyes were not willing to oblige to his demand and kept on staring at the pale looking figure lying on the ground.

"She got shot by the bloody gun! She would die if she's not taken in medical care by the next few minutes!" Seojoon yelled back.

"We didn't shoot her first of all! And the second thing is if we don't leave right now, we all would get caught by her people and die as well! I understand your sympathy for her but this isn't the right time for showing it!" Taemin scolded.