Chapter 14: A Pawn In A Chess Game

I think I'm in shocked. 

        Thats what you call it right? 

         I can't think. 

        I can't speak. 

       It feels like everything has been frozen in time. I want to say I didn't hear him correctly but I did. How can I already have a fiancé? What the hell has happen since I've been gone?

        'Everything goes to hell when we are gone.' Alice says angrily.

        I'm just staring into my father eyes looking for something, but I not sure what it is. I think I'm waiting for him to say its a joke but there no humor behind his expression he is serious. 

       I never thought about dating or having a boyfriend. That's not what happen, we skipped all that and went straight to getting hitched.

          "W-W-Why are you suggesting this?" I ask my father in complete bewilderment. 

          "I did this for you." He coos as he reaches for my hands. The contact makes me shudder I feel so awkward of his presence on my body and it haunts me. I pull away from his comfort, "How is this for me?" 

         "Do you remember all those lesson I taught you about your wolf when you shifted for the first time?" my father seems so relax like he knows exactly how this is going to happen. It gives me an uncomfortable and unsetting feeling. 

            "Yes. My fur is white and if I was higher born I could have been a royal, but I'm not so what is the point?" I ask wanting to know where is this conversation is going. 

             The werewolf society is broken up into different lines of power. It goes in order with Alphas at the top with special gift and heighten senses then a regular wolf that comes with birth. The Beta without special gift, but still heighten senses then a normal wolf. Last on the totem pole are Delta or thirds some call it which is where I am we are not born with gift or heighten sense but are trained day in and out since birth.  

            The Alphas in a pack only deal with there pack and other power hunger alphas that threatens them. The royals are above all of us even Alpha, they are like the Alphas of Alphas. They deal with the protection on behalf of all werewolves and work in harmony with other super natural beings like lycans, vampires and sirens etc etc. Its a very prostegist honor to be a royal.  

              "I just want what is best for you, and being married to Luke who is a beta is the first step in you arriving at your full potential." My father explains his theory like I'm a chess piece in his game. It's like he doesn't see me as a human let alone his daughter. I guess nothing change since he almost lost me. 

              'You don't have to do this because of me,' She sounds so hurt that she thinks she caused this. 

           "If you want what is best for me then you should have ask me not plan my future away to the highest bidder." I spit at him with so much pint up anger I never wanted to let out. I stand up and walk away from my father, but he tries to garb my wrist to stop me so I pull back.

             "Don't touch me!" I walk back into the house in desperate need to just go somewhere.  

           When I walk back into the living room Alpha Jacob and Beta Luke are shouting at each other and the picture is clear on what they are fighting about or more likely who they are fighting about. 

            "She will never be yours!" I hear Alpha Jacob voice filled with so much anger.

            "That is not your decision," Luke seems determine. I never heard of a Beta disobeying her Alpha.