Chapter 22: I Will Speak Louder Then Words

"What happened?" Jacob voice is stern and impatient I wonder if I really want to tell him what Trevor did to me, but I never get the chance.

It feels like a hot rod went through my body and I fall forward on my hands and knees in pain. My feet feel like I am walking on hot rocks and my bones feels like they are being broken over and over again. Jacob brings himself down to my level and is trying to sooth me with his touch but it has no effect on me.

My head feels like a tea kettle whistling when it being over heated. I scream and scream but my voice feels like it gone. My canines are ripping through my gums and I start to spit up blood. It feels like my temperature has gone up and I am sweating while being rocked back and forth in Jacob arms.

Theres is this burning in my throat and I feel like my body is being pummeled with meters from outer pace. I feels so helpless that this undeniable pain is coming inside of my. Its like the Moon Goddess is out to make me suffer but I haven't done anything to show that I am disloyal. Jacob is holding me saying, "I'm so sorry. I am so sorry, Maria. This is all my fault!"

He carries me to his bed and looks at me like its him going through pain and not me. He leans down to look straight in my eyes so he can be as close as possible to me. "I can stop this Mara. I cant bare to see you in pain when I can help you." He pleads with me.

"No! Don't you dare touch me!" I tells him while struggling to keep my mouth from shouting in pain.

"Let me love you Maria!" He yells at me with so much convection in his voice and I want to give in. He holds me by my side gently massaging me and I feel the pain slowly fade away.

I push his arms away from me and crawl to his bathroom in search for some relief. He doesn't let me go far when he picks me up and lays me in his tub running ice cold water. I sink my head to submerge myself in the water and it feels like this battle of hot and cold one trying to over power the other.

I hold my breath for as long as I can till the need for oxygen to enter my lunges. I lay my head to the side of the tub feeling no energy left in my body and till the spikes of heat is gone. Jacob runs his hand through my wet hair and it makes me want to go to sleep by his action. I don't know how many times I can go though heat. I just want my pain to stop.

When I try to stand from the tub I fall back down from my shaky legs not having the strength to hold my own weight. Jacob holds me by my waist just in time to save me from hitting my head on the rim of his porcelain tub.

"I got you." He whispers in my ear and I want to ignore his double meaning in his choice of words.

He picks me up and sits me down on the bathroom counter and starts to comb through my wet hair. I lean in to his hand enjoying the feel of his hands in my hair.

He looks at me and I see the golden rim in his eyes from his wolf that are full of admiration, passion, love and lust. I look down and see how my clothes are soaking wet and clinging to my body like second skin. Jacob picks up a towel hanging from the rack and wrap it around my body.

The golden in his eyes seem to wake up something in me that I wanted to stay asleep. I am falling back into the strong pull my mate has on me. It like an addiction that you don't want to let go but you know how much it hurt you. He is and will always be my addiction my weakness and I know it will be inevitable for me to fall for my beautiful mate.

But I will put up one hell of a fight before that happens.

I move from his loving touch and get down from the counter, "I will like permission to go to my room, Alpha." I say calmly not wanting to look into his eyes.