Chapter 12: My Mind At War

"This silver blade is pressed against an sensitive artier in your neck. In one clean cut you will bleed to your death in less then 5 minutes, but I'm sure you know that father. Now just nod your head yes that you will not scream." I managed to find the pack territory in a few days.  

                I'm not exactly sure why I came back. There nothing left for me here. I still feel like an outsider after what happen at the party. I'm sure they want nothing to do with me. I wasn't able to defend myself from getting captured. A pack like this want someone who can take care themselves and other. I failed to do that.

       I search the perimeter of the territory careful of any guards looking after their land for intruders.I wonder their are so many of them. I saw my father with them and when he was alone, I acted fast. I needed to see him.  

           'I told you. I don't trust him.' Alice says she been having a bad feeling about him ever since Loki mention him.

          My father nods his head yes so I remove my hand from his mouth, and he is true to his word that he doesn't scream for help. "Now follow me." I don't know the area at all since I didn't really spend that much time. I walk my father to the cliff I was at when I first came here. 

         "Sit," I point at a big rock on the edge of the forest line that is the barrier between the concert of the cliff. My father does as he is told and sits down without a word. 

               I pace back and forth trying to get my thoughts straight. I can't seem to focus on anything. I feel like I'm on hyper drive with this abundance of energy and I don't know what to do with it. My mind is buzzing with question like who were those people? Why were there werewolves and humans together? What did they want with me? Are there more? Will they come after me? But I cant think straight with a pair of eyes staring at me. 

         My father is just sitting there looking at me like he hasn't seen me a million times before. The emotion behind his eyes is amazement and curiosity and I don't like it. It make me irritable and I want it too stop. 

         I stop pacing and stand right in front of him. "Did you know?" I ask him. The question that been haunting me. 

       "Did I know what, Maria?" He asked confused at what I'm talking about. Is he really confuse about what I'm talking about after being capture and tortured for months.

       "Don't play dumb with me father. Did you know the people who took me?" My question seems to surprised my father because his eyes widen and his jaw drops by my accusation. 

       "Maria, if I knew who took you. I would have rush to save you." The seriousness in his tone is surprising. 

       'Now you care if my life is in danger it didn't seem like that before.' Alice is angry she thinks he is lying.

             "Oh really because I'm having a really hard time believing that. After I was taken you treated me as if I didn't deserve the air I breathed. You hated me and now I should think that you would you to my rescue." All my angry is exploding out and I cant stop it and I don't want it to stop. How dare he say that after what he did to me for mouths. Punishing me after my mother and brother death when it wasn't my fault. 

       "I know and I reject how I treated you and I promise you that it will be different now." I want to believe him. I want us to be close again. 

        "I don't believe you. I don't trust you. I'm not even sure I can ever sure I can handle sharing your blood anymore."

            "Please Maria I know what I did was wrong but I can't change the past." In all my life I never seen my father plead with anyone.