Chapter 20: Help Wanted

"I can't believe you never told me this!" Lilly exclaims as we walk though the mall having a girls day. After the whole scene at Luke house and the truth out in the open I had to fill in Lilly about what is going on.

"I didn't tell anyone till now." I explain to her getting in line for chipotle in the mall food court.

"It's just hard for me to believe that Tyler would beat the living day lights out of Jacob. He usually saves his strength for when we have to fight." She says when we finish ordering and picking out a table to sit at.

"Trust me you should have seen it. It was like a fight scene from a movie, all bloody and full of testosterone." I explain to her while digging in my bowel of brown rice, black bean, chicken and a lot of hot sauce and cheese.

"You know the whole pack is disappointed we won't have the white wolf in our pack." She says shyly thinking its a sensitive topic.

"I know. I feel awful that I couldn't help improve our rank. I just couldn't go though with the wedding to somebody I don't love." I really wish I could have helped the pack, but I need to start putting myself first from now on.

"Hey, that's is completely reasonable and the pack understand that. Its just sucks that you cant do the ceremony if your rank isn't high enough." Lilly slumps in chair taking an anger bite of her burrito.

"Let's change the subject. What going on between you and Alex." I ask suggestively wiggling my eyebrows.

"I don't know what you are talking about." She says smiling down with blushing cheeks.

"Yes you do. Have you guys had more late night visit." I continue asking just excited that I finally have a friend that I can have girl talk with. Its really awkward talking about cute boys with your brother.

"Yes okay. I don't know what is going on between us. I just going with it cause I really like him." Lilly say embarrassed that the conversation is finally on her.

"How does he feel?" I wondered since they both joke around so much it's hard to tell when either of them are being serious.

"I don't know. When we are together we don't talk about that. We just enjoy being together and other things." She says with a double meaning.

"Oh god. If it makes it better I think you guys look good together." I tell her because it the truth. In the werewolf world we may have mate but the problem with that is they could be anywhere in the world, so wolves go all there lives without ever meeting their mates. That just one of the few things we have in common with the humans is that there is a chance we can never meet the love of our lives.

"Thank you. I just get these butterflies whenever he is near and I love the little fights we have because the makeup up is 10x better." She swoons like a school girl with her first boyfriend.

I laugh at Lilly dirty mind and we continue talking about everything while we eat at the food court. When all the food is gone we continue shopping because I cant seem to get this girl away from the mall. She was able to talk me into buying a few more stuff from stores like forever21, hot topic and Victoria secret since I still need some more clothes. The next and hopefully the last store we enter is H&M I already spent all my money and I couldn't ask my father because ever since our argument in front of the nail shop and he heard I called off the wedding he just left me.

I don't care anymore about where he is. I don't have time to morn the abandonment of my father when there are still nights I cry myself to sleep from not having my mother and brother with me. He is not the only one upset here he is my father and he sold me off like some object to get married for his own personal gain. I have my own family without him and they have done more for me in these past few weeks then what my father has done to me for months.