Chapter 25: A Hard Habit To Break

I wake up in my bed without the cold sweat on my face from an nightmare. There is no tightening in my chest from fear and my limbs aren't shaking from fear.

My face is still flush since last night with Jacob and my stomach is full of butterflies. I can't stop touching my lips reigniting the sparks they had when they were pressed up against Jacob. My mind is flooded with the events from when Tyler left me on the dance floor to get drinks to Jacob and I leaving the beach smiling like idiots.

There is this indescribable feeling being with your mate and when you notice the little stuff that lets you know why he is your mate. The way his hands fit in your or how our eyes give off signs without needing to use our link. Its the way your heart rate picks up with just being in a room together and how you are able to talk and completely get lost.

There is no feeling like this, but he still is not forgiven.

When Jacob and I get back in his car realizing that we stayed out really late I open my purse to look at my phone to see a bunch of unread text and dozens of unanswered calls. Jacob was 10x worst on his phone from pack members. Lilly, Alex and Tyler were going crazy with worry on where I went.

I was so grateful that they are concerned for my well being and I apologize again and agin for not at least sending them a text letting them know that I am okay. I feel terrible that I put them though the pain of thinking something bad happen to me again. When Jacob and I came back to the pack house I got immerse with them rushing to me looking at me checking to see if I got any injuries and the repeated question of 'Are you okay?'

I told them how I was 100% okay and how sorry I was for not telling them I was leaving. Lilly told me if I ever scare her like that again she injecting me with a tracker. I laugh at her ridicules idea but when I notice I am the only one laughing I started to get nervous.

Alex agreed with Lilly because he almost kill the bouncers cause he thought they took me with the way they were staring at me. Tyler even helped him but he didn't stop there he question every male wolf in the club and attack them if they didn't give them an answer.

When I looked at Jacob for him to reason with Lilly he ACTUALLY was giving the idea some thought. Tyler looked at Jacob up and down flaring his nostrils and balling his fist, so I came to the conclusion that he is still mad at him for rejecting me.

So am I. If I am being honest.

Jacob let them know that I was with him and that I was completely safe slightly amused by my friends. I see how apprehensive he is when he is around Tyler and knows perfectly well why he not happy that I left with him. I saw how Jacob eyes flash colors on Tyler disrespect towards his Alpha, and I knew by Jacob mischief smirk he wanted to show who's in charge, but I stopped him.

I finally leave my bed but the memories of last night stay in my head. I can't get Jacob out of my head and its scaring me, but when I reach for my doorknob I hear a 'tink' on my window. They follow each other trying to gain my attention and it works, so I walk to my window and look out to see Jacob with a pebble in hand ready to throw again.

I laugh and open my window to ask what he is doing but I don't get the chance to, "Good Morning, Beautiful!" Jacob yells from the front step of the pack house.

"Good Morning!" I yell back laughing and the blush on my face becomes even more prominent due to his compliment, "What are you doing?"

"I am asking you out for breakfast." He says charismatically full of confidence.

"Why should I say yes?" I tease him but still wondering if I want to give him the opportunity.

"I know a place that makes delicious pancakes." He retaliates in a singing tone.