Chapter 27: The Way He looks At Her

"You seemed extra happy this morning." Lilly eyes me in a suspicious manner while sipping on her Starbucks dark roasted coffee.

I don't know what about last night that made me so happy that I can't wipe this smile off my face. The whole date between Jacob and I seems so magical and intimate that I don't want to share the details. It was special and I feel like if I talk about it, the magic from it will vanish and I don't want it to.

"Maybe because I'm here with you." I lean my head over our small table with a cheesy smile on my face.

Lilly and I were both up early since I had a nightmare and Tyler was out on portal and couldn't go back to sleep. It was Lilly brilliant idea for us to make a trip to Starbucks to get some coffee.

"Of course it is! I am great company." She fans herself in a dramatic fashion that makes me roll my eyes.

"A grande hot chocolate with cinnamon and extra whip!" The barista yells and I stand for my order.

I begin to take the cash out for my drink when the barista stops me.

"It's covered ma'am." He says and hands me my drink but my eye brows furrow in confusion.

"What do you mean 'its covered'?" I ask him knowing it wasn't Lilly cause she order first.

He gesture to the cup and I see there is a message on it

'Will you go out with me tonight?'

-Jacob

The barista is smirking at me while I read it and I just blush while I return to my seat with Lilly. I keep looking around my shoulder wondering how did Jacob know I was here. The gesture is sweet and creative but I don't know how to give him my answer, maybe I'll mindlink him.

'So you're stalking me now?' I tease him connecting to him though a private mind link since I am official apart of the pack.

'I'll answer your question if you answer mine.' He banters back like a child.

'My answer to your question is depending on if you are stalking me or not.' I shot back at him.

'Maria you are still in my territory and I am training the newcomers on patrolling the area when I saw you and Lilly.' His answer seems reasonable while he softly laughs at me.

'I guess I can accept that. I just wanted to let you know that stalking is not attractive.' I tease him.

'I still did not get my answer.' He has this sing song tone that makes me giggle.

'Yes.' I tell him simply.

'I'll pick you up at 3 and wear something comfortable. See you soon, love.' He quickly gives me instructions and closely the link abruptly.

"Who was it?" Lilly asks since I have been spaced out. She know I was in the middle of a mind link.

"Your Alpha." I tell her absently not wanting to make eye contact.

"Am I going to be calling you Luna soon?" She knows the situation between Jacob and I we just don't talk about because it private in my opinion. Like I said it between ONLY Jacob and I.

"I'm not answer that question asks something else." I try to change the subject.

"Fine, let's talk about how your birthday is coming up!" She squeals and lean forward in excitement when I just roll my eyes. I never get excited when my birthday comes when I was back home my family kept it simple and I liked that.