Chapter 7: To Be Continued.....

~Maria Santiago~

              This party is so much fun! I have never talked to so many people in my life. This pack is huge it's like a big machine and these wolves are all the parts. The machine is already important but what makes it important are the parts that make it, and that what these wolves are. They are important parts with a purpose and working together in harmony.

            I feel like I have been on a 100 job interviews by the members of the pack asking me question and getting to know me.

            At first I thought I would feel awkward but after a few conversation and drinks I was become at ease with talking to all these people. I know I can't talk too all of them because lets be real there are like approximately 500 wolves here and I'm only in the living room.

      'I'm actually enjoying myself.' Alice says

             I am dancing with a few girls who were asking me question earlier and we hit it off really well. I feel a pair of hands on my hip at first I thought it was Tyler but the scent doesn't match. The person behind me whispers in my ear, "You are making quite an impression towards the pack."

              I turn around to see who it is and I see a handsome blue eye guy with short blond hair along with nice stubble around his jaw. "Ummm who are you?" I ask thinking if people thought it is okay for a random person to start touching you without you knowing them.

        "Ouch! That's hurts. Obviously, nobody has told you about me but I'm Luke the soon-to-be beta of this pack." I quickly put my hands over my stupid mouth in shock.

             If my father heard how I talked to this beta who would for sure kill me after disrespecting him. I had one job tonight and that was to get on the good side of everyone, so I can get accepted in this pack and I royally messed it up now. This beta can just say one word and I'm out on my own forever.

         Oh my god what have I done?

          "I'm so sorry, Beta. I didn't know. You look really nice. I hope you are enjoying the party. Are you thirsty? You look thirsty. I'm going to go get you something to drink." I quickly say and try to get though the mass body, so I can avoid any more embarrassment. He takes my wrist before I could get to far away from him and turns me to face him.

           "It okay, Maria. I'm not going to have you executed or anything." He laugh it off acting like he doesn't have the power but he does! I give him a weak pathetic smile to ease the tension, but it just makes me more nervous.

             I thought I was getting more confident while I was here, but I never felt so timid before in my life then I do now.

              "Oh well thank you. I really didn't mean anything by it. You just caught me off guard that all." I say and keep my attitude in check with my head down and not raising my voice at him. I will be on my best behavior with him because I can't mess this up I need to be a part of this pack.

                I feel his thumb go under my chin to lifting my head up so we are making eye contact. "You are to beautiful to hid your face like that. I want to see you because you look great tonight." I'm speechless by his direct nature and this eye contact we are having is making me want to run, and hide. On top of that his thumb is still under my chin and he is stepping dangerously close to me and I am frozen in my spot.

               When he leans down from his tall height and I think he is trying to kiss me. This is him flirting with me and making a move on me and it feels so awkward to me, but he acts like he doesn't feel it.