Chapter 26: Fairy Lights

"Your going to do what!!!?" Tyler's eyes budge out of their socket and it makes me think of those old school cartoons.

"I'm going to do the ceremony and your going to help me." I tell him confidently to help him accept the news.

"I heard you" He says absently like he doesn't know that he is standing right in front of me.

"Then why did you say me what I said." I ask him bluntly.

"Are you crazy!" Tyler exclaims walking closer to me to emphasis his point.

"A little bit" I show my point by pulling my left hand up bringing my pointing finger and thumb together to give him an idea of how much with my best attempt of puppy dog eyes.

"Don't try to be cute Maria. This is serious" He wags his finger in my face like he is lecturing a child.

"I know which is why you should help me." I repeat myself cause I really do want to do this and I know I can't do this without him.

"Did you know what you are getting yourself up to?" He questions me.

"Yes and I wanted to ask you when is the next full moon." I gesture to all the books I been reading on it and if Alice thinks we can do it then thats all I need.

"You do realize that if this doesn't work you will never be able to shift into your wolf again." He says softly like he is scared how I will react to it

."Yes I do." I grab one of Tyler's hands and give him a light squeeze to let him know that I'm serious.

"And you still want to do it?"

"Yes, Tyler I don't know how to explain it but I have been feeling different ever since I came back."

"But your ranks not high enough."

"Tyler I can do this. I can feel it and my wolf thinks so too."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes"

"Well you better not think that I'm just gonna let you do this by yourself."

"I wouldn't have it any other way."Tyler brings our joined hands to his lips and gives my hand a light kiss while looking at me in the eyes. I don't know where I would be if I didn't have Tyler with me. He has been there when I first came from being a rouge. Everyone told me how he has been snapping at everyone in the pack to find me when I was lost. He been here for my nightmares that come at night and never once let me think I was a bother to him.I don't know if I am over what happened to me but he has been a great friend to me.

"Okay so first thing first for this ceremony is for it to perform it during a full moon and that is next week." Tyler explains the lay out on the steps we have to do to set up ahead of time.

"Great, so we can be ready for it next week?" I say practical bouncing up and down on the desk chair.

"Not exactly. We need an elder to perform the ceremony, but that is easy I can easily convince one to do it with my great charm." Tyler says cockily while adjusting his imaginary tie around his neck that makes me giggle at his action.

"Your great charm? Is that right?" I mock him.

"Yes, I am very convincing when I need to be."

"Okay then what is the hard part?" I ask him

"The hard part is getting the moonstones. We use to have a supply but we had to give it to our council. Its cause they are so rare and helpful for us when we need extra strength in a fight." Tyler enlightens me and it brings my mood down to the point I am slumping in my chair.