Chapter 21: Attack Of The Dogs

"She is staying here. This is where she belongs." I hear the stubbornness in Jacob voice in the background but I feel to tired to open my eyes.

"So I can't even see her?" Tyler sounds concern.

"She is sleeping. She going through heat so you shouldn't be around her anyway." Jacob say and I'm not sure if I hear jealousy in Jacob voice, or if it a threat.

I don't get a chance to cipher it because I hear Jacob close the door and it give me the strength to open my eyes and sit up. When I open my eyes I am greeted with a black rimmed skyline connected to a shed not allowing any sunlight to peer though the window behind it.

The walls are all white but are covered by large posters of bands such a Nivirnna, Green Day and The Cab all my favorites. All around his bedroom have matching black furniture, one consist of a bookshelves that is overflowing with books and some scattered on the floor with a grey rug.

I sit up from the plush bed of red pillows and matching blankets, I am beginning to think red is Jacob favorite color.

My head is pounding like there is a marching band playing loud music during the halftime of a football game and my muscles are sore like there is a hot weight sitting on all my muscles.

I remember my father telling me what 'heat' mean in the werewolf world. I just never thought I would have to experience because I aways thought when I meet my mate he would instantly want me as much as I want him, but I guess I was wrong.

When two mates meet each other its like to half of a whole coming together even if they haven't been marked or mated with. There is this tie binding them together the moment they set eyes on each other. Its only a waiting game to see which comes first, the mark or the heat. The mark doesn't prevent heat from coming it just delays it longer till the wolves are mated.

Heat is your wolf yearning of your mate because when they are not together it cause them physical pain and it slowly weakens them in every way possible. That is why when most wolves get rejected from there mate they become suicidal. They are in agonizing pain everyday mentally and physical, it makes sense for them to just want to end it.

The only way to cure my heat is if Jacob marks me or mate me and I am sure as hell not allowing that. If he wants me back so bad he needs to prove to me he is not going to change his mind again, if he is then he needs to leave me alone already.

"The sleeping beauty has finally awaken." Jacob says as he walks to the side of the bed I'm laying on and presses his hand on my forehead.

"You are burning up." He says then walks to his connecting bathroom and runs water on a washcloth.

I look around the room once more at a loss of words, but I see that I am wearing my damp bathing suit with an oversized t-shirt. I am just grateful he didn't strip me of my clothes while I was unconscious.

I see my phone laying on his night stand and I grab it and see 2 unread messages from Trevor,

'Maria, Congratulation my boss told me 2 tell u tht the job is us!!!'

'Can you start today at 5?'

I would jump out of bed and do a happy dance from the good news, but my body still feels weak.

Jacob comes back in with a tall glass of water and a wet washcloth. He keeps his eyes on me and I notice how his eyes are switching from his warm chocolate brown to a bright golden. I wonder if he is going thorough heat too?