Chapter 3: Is This My Welcoming Party?

It's Tuesday and that usually means my father is going to wake me up bright and early with a fire horn for training today.

He does this to me every Tuesday's and Thursday's before the rouges attacked. He taught me something new by explain it then showing it to me and being homeschooled by my mother and trained by my father I rarely got out the house.

My parents wouldn't even let me go out the house anyway, but whenever my father would get tried my brother would get home to train me privately when he was done training other members of our pack.

Now that we're rogues he has been ruthless and making it more and more challenging for me to beat him. Not that I ever beat him before I would end up failing every time, but the only good thing about this is I can slowly feel myself getting stronger.

It also seems now that he is trying to hurt me on purpose since our last practice. I got a twisted ankle and a black eye and he told me that he was taking it easy on me, so I am terrified what he going to do to me today.

Today he didn't barged into my room screaming at me to wake me up. I woke up on my own at 8:00 am. I'm naturally a morning person so I took this opportunity to take a run.

I went into my bag to look for my training gear consisting of knee length grey legging, neon pink Nike sport bra and some Nike shoes to match. I was about to walk out the door like this, but then I knew my father wouldn't approve so I grabbed a loose fitted white muscle tee. I ran downstairs to warm-up with a morning run outside.

Maybe if my father sees me working hard on my own maybe he will be less cruel to me. I ran 12k in my human form through the woods I knew I could do more if I push myself. The soles of my sneakers hitting the rocky terrain of dirt and small pebbles while I swiftly dodge through the trees. I've always loved running the wind hitting my skin and the adrenaline pumping through my body it's exhilarating and complete rush.

A cramp in my left leg started to form but I pushed though it thinking that my mind is stronger then my body. I stopped when I reached the edge of a cliff with an amazing view. I never have been to the U.S before so everything is so amazing to me. The whole car ride here I was stun by the shops, beaches, tall buildings and the beautiful people.

In Spain there are only small towns, but here there are cities far away from where I am. The cliff has water crashing the side of it with sharp rocks under it. The sound of the water crashing against the rocks seems to calms me a little, but all I can think about is how weak and a coward I am after what happen back home.

I can't stop think about that day how I should have sense something different in the air. I should have fought with my family, and my pack. I should have died with them. I rather die for something like protecting my family and pack then live in my own personal hell of staying with my father and joining a pack I know nothing about.

I was almost so caught up in my own thought that I almost didn't hear the noises behind me. The key word ALMOST. I was trained better then that, and in a second the person launched at me from behind, but I was able to turn around in the nick of time to pin him to the ground by putting my weight on top of whoever is trying to attack me.

"Who are you and why are you here?" I ask my assaulter felling really pissed off that on my first day here someone is already trying to attack me.

Before he respond I am flipped over to my back and the roles are reversed. He now has the upper hand with his strength and his body now straddling me and one of his hands are pinning my writs over my head.