Chapter 19: I Don't Love You

The next Day

~Luke Walker~

"Have I told you how beautiful you look today?" I ask my beautiful financè. I want to tell her this because she doesn't act like most girls who would try way to hard to impress a guy, but not my finance she is wearing a simple graphic taupe leggings with a long sleeve white shirt. I can't seem to take my eyes off her, she is the most beautiful she-wolf in the pack. All the guys will be jealous when I show her off at our wedding.

"You have, and thank you again." She says as we walk together along the lines of the terrority. She makes brief eye contact then she lowers her head.

I came to the pack house and asked her if she wanted to take a walk with me. I told her security from the Alpha and her father to leave us alone because I can protect her myself. We are walking though town and probably on the edge of the forest. I just want the perfect view that will match my perfect soon to be wife.

Our hands hang at our sides and they make brief contact that makes me want more. I reach to hold her small hand, but she crosses her arms around her body dismissing me while she keeps her eyes on the road before us.

"Are you okay today? You seem different." I ask curiosity she been more quite then usual, and it seems her whole mood is off. Her scent is different too, but only a little.

"I'm fine. I just been thinking about a lot." She makes only briefly makes eye contact again then lowers her head. I just wish I could read her mind already just to know how much she feels towards me, maybe it will make what I'm about to do feel easier for me.

We are past the town and at the opposite end of the forest a few more miles and we will reach my new modern house, so I guess its now or never.

I step in-front of Maria to stop her from walking any further. I try to look into her eyes but her head is still low not giving me any opportunity to do so, but I know she has to want this just as much as I do. I take a deep breath and get down on one knee then reach into my pants pocket to take out a small velvet box.

Maria slowly lift her head and her eyes widen in surprised and terror written all over her face. She not the only one terrified here but I just know she the one for me. "Maria, I know you wanted to take it slow and believe me these past dates have been the best, but I don't need to take it slow. I know you are all there is for me, and nothing can be better then you. I know we are already practical engaged, but I want to make it official now. If you say yes I can make the wedding happen later tonight and you will finally be the wife of a Beta, so with all that said. Will you marry me?"

After my stupid speech I open the box to reveal a small diamond ring with my shaky hands. The silence between us feels like years. I look into her eyes to give me a hint of what her answer will be and her eyes are wide and bouncing around in search for something. I hear the fast pace of her heart beat thats beating way faster then mine.

Is she looking for a way out?

Is this too fast for her?

Is she scared?

Does she not like the ring?

Before I start to give up all hope I hear the softest whisper of a "yes," I quickly stand up to make sure I'm not hearing things. That this beautiful powerful she-wolf said yes to being my wife.

"Come again, cupcake?" I urge her to repeat.

She breath in then out, "I said yes." and her mouth tries to form a smile but she looks like she is struggling. Its probably just shock due to my question.