Chapter 5: Dummies Guide On "How To Make Friends For Socially Awkward People"

I have been mute ever since Tyler brought me in his room to 'talk'. I think Tyler is getting irritated with me for not answering his question. Good! I hope he get so frustrated with me, and just leave this whole situation and me alone.

          "Ugh! Why won't you say anything! I'm just trying to help you." Ha! That's funny. Everyone says that they want to help, but nobody really does. At first they are all willing to help you, but after a while they just say "get over it" or "it not that bad" so I'm not buying whatever he is selling.

           "Well if you want that wound to get clean and treated you have to at least take off your shirt." I whip my head towards him so fast I think I got whiplash. There is no way in hell I will take my shirt off infront of this dude who I just met.

             "I'm just trying to help you, but if you don't want me to help you I can get someone else." I quickly panic grabing his arm to stop him from leaving. I don't want to be a bother to anyone. I quickly sighs and give in by still not uttering a word and taking my shirt off. I'm just happy that I have a sports bra on.

            "YES! She knows how to cooperate!" He screams in victory while lifting his hands over his head in fist and does a little victory dance that makes me giggle. He turns to me with amusement in his smile. "Oh? Is the mute little wolf laughing at me?"

            "Yes I am. You should really go get some dancing lesson." I tell him in a joking manner in between laughs. He put one of his hands on his chest over his heart acting like I hurt his feelings.

              "Your one to talk. The ladies love my moves." He says. Then he does the moonwalk up and down the floor of the bathroom with a spin at the end. When he is done he finishing it off by getting on his tippy-toes with his pelvis forward. I just keep laughing at him not paying attention to the pain in my sides and shoulder, but it too much and I hiss in pain throwing my head back.

               Tyler immediately stops dancing to come to my care. "Now lets look at that shoulder." He says giving me a small smile that I return. He startes to wipe the dry blood from my shoulder and ribs.

                   When the blood is gone he treats my father teeth marks and gives me some painkillers. It only when my shoulder is ok his eyes roam the top half of my body with an emotion behind his eyes that I can't explain, and I feel self-conscious.

                    I look down in shame that he will find me disgusting like my father says I am. Then I feel his hands on the sides of my stomach and I wince back in pain, and look at where he touched me, and I see a big purple and blue bruise with claw marks ripping across my skin with dry blood on it.

                I almost cry but I hold back the tears and just lean back against the giant mirror in the bathroom since I still sitting on the counter by the sink. "Are you going to tell me what wrong now?" Tyler says in a quite careful tone. While he puts a cold wash cloth on my cuts and bruises.

           "Why do you care?" I ask him I just met this guy and he is getting really personal.

           "Maria, if you are going to be a part of our pack. We are going to care about you and want to know what we can do to help. Even though you are not in the pack yet I care about you already so let me help you."

        I look straight into his eyes looking for anything that will make me think he doesn't have good intentions, but I don't find any all I see is compassion and concern. I give in to his beautiful blue eyes and tell him everything that happened to my old pack and my family.