Chapter 23: Euphoria

Euphoria

/yo͞oˈfôrēə/ noun

A feeling or state of intense excitement and happiness.

There is something gratifying in working hard and getting something for it. I think I actually enjoy working granted being a cashier at a clothing store isn't exactly my dream job but its a start.I know I will find something that will bring a smile to my face that I have something to look forward to every morning. I like helping people like that man yesterday even if it just as small as finding the right dress. My job is simple and now there is no drama since Trevor keeps a minimum of 20ft away from me.

Lilly told me how he is actually apart of the pack and I am not surprised I didn't recognize him since our pack is one of the largest. My shift is almost over in 5 and it funny how I am gonna use my lunch break to find a dress because Lilly told me that we are going out to have some fun. Before my clock runs out Jacob walks and and his eyes land internally on me till the only thing that separate us is the counter. I see my supervisor looking at me checking to see if I am doing my job, or she is checking Jacob out from head to toe and I ball my fist up to keep them from wanting to hit her for checking out MY MATE.

"How may I help you, Alpha?" I cant look away from his eyes with some much determination that its causing my heat to attack him.

"You can explain to me why you ran away from me." I am shocked with his bluntness but little annoyed by his timing.

"I'm sorry I cant help you with that but if you need help finding a dress to show off your legs I can do that." I says in an overly friendly tone to piss him off some more. Jacob glares at me clearly upset that I challenge his manhood.

"I am more interested in what in-between your legs." His glare is gone and replace with a cocky smirk and I feel my cheeks become red with nerves.

"I can't talk now, Alpha." I keep my voice low and looking over my shoulder and I see Trevor looking at Jacob and I.

"You still didn't answer my question."He ignores my request but his eyes move from me to something behind me.

"Is everything okay here?" Trevor asks acting like he is a hero but I see him gulp when he notice its the Alpha Im talking to.

"It will be as soon as you back away." Jacob threatens Trevor glaring at him and I see his fist balled up.

Trevor takes the hint and bows his head at his Alpha and walk away from me and I breath out a relief that there wasn't a fight in the middle of the store. Even though this mall is in pack land filled with werewolves some tourists human come by.

"Has he been bothering you?" Jacob is breathing harder and his hands are still clench.

"Let's go I'm on break now." I walk away from the counter and leave the store with Jacob closely behind me.

I lead him to the sprinkling water fountains inside the mall and sit down on of the benches. I look at the water show and feel Jacob eyes watching me and I turn to face him since he is so eager to get some answers.

"First I want to tell you how inappropriate it was for you to just show up at me job I work here-"

"I can show up wherever I please this is my land and if I want to visit my mate at work then I will with or without permission." He intreats me fill with authority.

"I am not your mate I never-"

"YES YOU ARE!" He stands up and yells at me in his Alpha voice with so much power that makes everyone in the mall around us stop in full attention and fear of what their anger Alpha will do.