Chapter 28: You See It In His Eyes

There are a lot of stories about werewolves and our existence. Some say we are a myth of an abomination. Oh how wrong they are. We have always been around, its not like we were cooked up in some lab. We have the same basic genetics of human, but we are more evolved. We didn't just appear out of no where, we have been here since the beginning just like them.

The books say that the gods were here firsts inhabiters on earth with intelligence and power. They were separated to share the earth and all it wonders. Which is why there is a god of love, animals, food, music and ect. This is where the Moon Goddess saw the beauty in the wild animals that lurk in the darkness. She was infatuated with them and wanted to recreate them in her own image.

Thus the werewolves was born with all the instinct of a wolf with human qualities.

It why werewolves have such a unbreakable connection with the moon. It like a beacon of our homes were we feel at peace. She like our mother and we can never forget how grateful we are for our mothers.

Which explains the reason why I'm standing in the moon light in center of the phases of the moon carved out in moonstone Tyler got for me. He found a merchant and paid a large amount of money for so I told him I will pay him back for. He told me it was the least he could do and that it was no problem for him.

I never felt so at peace then right now. In the comfort of the Moon Goddess and surrounded by the elements of nature. The elder who is Tyler father Eric since he was the only one we both trusted with this information he is currently reading up on the ceremony.

"Are you nervous?" Eric asks while Tyler makes sure the moonstones are carved correctly and in there right place.

"Is it weird if I say no. I mean I know I should be freaking out if this doesn't work, but I feel so calm." I try to put how I feel into words but failing miserably.

"As long as you feel comfortable with this then thats all that matters." He says sounding like a true Elder.

"I can't thank you enough for doing this and for not telling anyone." I'm glad he respected my wishes on keeping this a secret till I feel comfortable telling everyone.

"Just think of me when you see the Royals." Eric says and walks in front of the full moon moonstone ready to begin.

"Are you ready its almost time." Tyler says

"I'm ready." I tell him

"Then lets begin, repeat after me." Eric says when the moon is in the center of the midnight sky.

"I am one in twelves forms forever changing but remain constant.

I bring rushing water with crashing waves.

I heal the sick and wounded.

I sooth and comfort pain in the hearts that is hurting.

I bring light in the darkest of places."

I repeat the words falling behind Eric till I catch up with him then I'm on my own. The moonstones come alive lighting up with life one at a time. There is this push that brings me to my knees in submission to the Moon above.

"I am one in twelves forms forever changing but remain constant.

I bring rushing water with crashing waves.

I heal the sick and wounded.

I sooth and comfort pain in the hearts that is hurting.