𝟐. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 '𝐨𝐡 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭!' 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐; 𝐭𝐡𝐞 '𝐨𝐡 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭!' 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭
(𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘪, 𝘦𝘱. 𝘪𝘪 - '𝗇𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋 𝖻𝖾𝖾𝗇 𝗆𝖺𝗋𝖼𝗎𝗌𝖾𝖽')

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐒 season was officially over

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐌𝐏𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐒 season was officially over. No more sleeping past noon after having been up until 5 a.m. dancing at some beach party. No more tanning by the pool and reading books about impossible love affairs. No more sneaking around with Nick, no more being reckless, and carefree... Now that Gwen was back in the City so was her perfect girl posture.

"Good morning, Miss Gwen!" Kevin, one of Gwen's mom's personal assistants, approached the girl as soon as she stepped foot in the penthouse. "Your mother sent you a new tennis racket and said you should start training immediately." he handed her a brand new racket, it was beautiful, but as far as Gwen knew there was no tournament happening for months. Why she had to train already? Oh, because her mother was never satisfied with her accomplishments and wanted more to brag about. "Also," Kevin continued. "Your piano lessons will start again next week right before the Mandarin lessons, your mother said it was more than time for you to learn new languages."

Wasn't the other three foreign languages Gwen was fluent in enough for the woman? Gwendolyn desperately wanted to roll her eyes, but of course, she held back and smiled politely like she always did. It wasn't Kevin's fault anyway, she shouldn't be rude to him just because her mother had mastered the ability to control her life even from far away. Then again, Gwen wouldn't dare to be rude to her mother if the woman was right there in front of her.

"Thanks, Kevin." was the Vanderbilt heiress said before running away from the men, she feared he would find another thing her mom wanted her to do if he read a little bit more on what was written on the planner he carried everywhere.

Walking deeper into her home, Gwen could smell waffles and coffee... Maybe some eggs too? That brought a smile to her face. At least her mom had told the staff to cook brunch for her. As she entered the kitchen, however, Gwendolyn realized that wasn't the case. The staff had cooked brunch for father who was comfortably sitting by the dinner table all by himself even though the amount of food displayed in front of him could've been enough to feed a large family. Edward Vanderbilt's presence didn't upset Gwen, quite the opposite actually. It had been a while since the girl last saw her dad and she would be lying if she said she didn't miss him.

"Hey, dad!" she approached him with a big smile on her face.

"Hi, sweetheart!" the man got up from his seat to hug his daughter. "I feel like I hadn't seen you in ages, my little girl is looking all grown up!"

Gwendolyn chuckled when the hug was over and took a seat at the table, she soon had a plate of her own to start filling with her beloved waffles. "I thought you were in Singapore with mom or working on that research in Switzerland for your new book." It was nothing out of the ordinary for Gwen not to know where one — or both — of her parents were.