𝟕. 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐧𝐨 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐲!

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕; 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐧𝐨 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐲!
(𝗌𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗈𝗇 𝗂𝗂, 𝖾𝗉 𝗏 - '𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗌𝖾𝗋𝖾𝗇𝖺 𝖺𝗅𝗌𝗈 𝗋𝗂𝗌𝖾𝗌')

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕; 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐧𝐨 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐲!(𝗌𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗈𝗇 𝗂𝗂, 𝖾𝗉 𝗏 - '𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗌𝖾𝗋𝖾𝗇𝖺 𝖺𝗅𝗌𝗈 𝗋𝗂𝗌𝖾𝗌')

𝐀𝐍𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐆𝐎 𝐖𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐆𝐎 𝐖𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐆. That's what says Murphy's first law and, boy... the old man was so damn right! In a matter of two days, Gwendolyn Vanderbilt's immaculate reputation was deeply stained, her best friend didn't want to speak with her, she unintentionally was part of something that broke someone's heart, and, meanwhile, Gwen wasn't even sure if her own heart was doing fine. Everything was just so overwhelming.

Nicholas Waldorf couldn't say he was much better. As he passed the backstage corridors, searching for his fianceé — should he even call her that at this point? —, the rich boy began to regret being so greedy and shallow in the first place. None of this mess would be happening if he hadn't made that fucking deal with his mother. And what was he gaining from it anyway? Nick couldn't even remember. All he knew was what he was losing and that was Gwendolyn Vanderbilt.

"Nicholas!" the dark brown-haired boy froze when he heard the angry tone of his mother, she never called him 'Nicholas' unless she was really pissed. "Care to explain why I just passed by Sloan trying to walking away while crying her eyes out?"

"Maybe she's just really moved by the fact of being about to walk on your show." he shrugged and grinned like everything was under control. "The great Eleonor Waldorf! Your big influence overwhelms some people."

The fashion designer rolled her eyes at her son. Lord knows how many times she heard him try to get away with something by coming up with a lie and finishing it by complimenting her. "I don't care what you've done or what you will have to do in order to make that girl walk on my show, but if in ten minutes she's not wearing one of my pieces and ready to cross the runway you can say goodbye to your new Ferrari."

So that's what he would be gaining from the bargain! Nick could barely believe it, but getting a new car didn't seem so exciting anymore —  he even wondered if he was sick or something, how could he not be excited? Then he realized. If not getting a Ferrari was the price of going after the girl he actually liked, it was worth it. Gwen was worth so much more than a luxury car. The deal didn't matter to Nicholas anymore and, somehow, Eleonor was able to see it in his brown eyes that were so similar to her own — call it motherly instincts or whatever.

"Not only that but you will also be indeterminately cut off, let's see how you fend for yourself without your parents' money. That's right, I can convince Howard to cut you off as well." that was a low blow and Eleonor knew it, honestly she wasn't even sure if her ex-husband would agree to punish their precious son like that, but Nick didn't know she was bluffing and that was enough. Truth be told, the boy was highly unlikely to last a day without his rich boy's privileges. "Now off you go!"