𝟐𝟐. 𝐨𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞!

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐; 𝐨𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞!
(𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘪, 𝘦𝘱 𝘹𝘹𝘪𝘪 - '𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘯 𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘭𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘴')

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐; 𝐨𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞!(𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘪, 𝘦𝘱 𝘹𝘹𝘪𝘪 - '𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘯 𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘭𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘴')

𝐆𝐖𝐄𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐘. 𝐖𝐀𝐘 𝐓𝐎𝐎 𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐘. It was slightly worrying really, because, actually, not a single worry truly plagued her mind. It was an odd sensation for the anxious girl. There was only warmth in her heart, the kind that makes you want to sigh in satisfaction because you are in peace. Gwen had Nick's head on her lap as she played with his curls. The boy was focused on the movie being shown on the large TV in front of them. He had his glasses on and Gwen loved how adorable (yet incredibly sexy) it made him look. Nicholas had arrived from Yale a couple of hours back, driving straight to the Vanderbilts' penthouse where his girlfriend welcomed him with the most beautiful smile he had ever seen, and it was just for him — just because of him. Nicholas Waldorf was also blissfully happy, but he wasn't overthinking it like Gwen was unintentionally doing.

On TV, Sandra Bullock went through the makeover scene to become a badass pageant girl, but Gwendolyn barely registered any of it. The Vanderbilt heir spaced out the moment she realized how much she wished to freeze time and stay in that moment forever — inside that delightful little bubble with the boy she loved. No drama, no pressure to be perfect, no problems to fix, no arguments to stop. Just the two of them.

Gwen was happy. Utterly, completely, profoundly happy.

Yet, you see, such happiness often comes with the fear it might soon end and become nothing but a memory destined to fade. Gwen knew she shouldn't be thinking about the worse when there wasn't even a possibility for it to happen any time soon, but she couldn't help it! The girl's thoughts were going hundreds of miles per hour, like a runaway train. It is often said that good things come to an end, so it must be true. Not to mention that it's almost scientifically proved that once you're this deeply happy, something bad is about to happen. Life tends to be cruel like that. People usually just get a sample of serenity and peace of mind just to have it taken away by some unfortunate event.

Too many insecurities and pessimistic thoughts began to crowd Gwen's head as she wondered what would her unfortunate event be. She had so much to lose now — her relationship with Nick meant more than she expect it would (and she did expect it to mean a lot!). So of course, she would do anything to cling to her pure happiness as strongly as she could.

"What will you do during the summer?" Gwendolyn ended up asking. Making plans often calmed her down. The illusion of having control over every little detail was soothing for her anxiety.

Nick turned to lie on his back to stare directly at Gwen. "I'm planning on annoying my girlfriend until she gets tired of me." he grinned mischievously. "You know, just the usual type of fun."