𝟐𝟏. 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐲

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏; 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐲
(𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘪, 𝘦𝘱 𝘹𝘹𝘪 - '𝘴𝘦𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨')

𝐆𝐖𝐄𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐀 𝐆𝐑𝐔𝐃𝐆𝐄, so it was no surprise she soon mended things with Blair, Serena, and Nate

𝐆𝐖𝐄𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐀 𝐆𝐑𝐔𝐃𝐆𝐄, so it was no surprise she soon mended things with Blair, Serena, and Nate. All it took was a couple of meaningful words from the girls and a red velvet cupcake as a peace offering from the Archibald boy. Gwen wasn't proud of having given in so easily — especially since she knew Blair and Serena wouldn't change their selfish ways —, but, when it came to the ones dearest to her heart, the Vanderbilt girl easily ignored reason. So much so that she couldn't help but accept to be one of Maureen's bridesmaids. Lord knows, how Gwendolyn wanted to say no — Trip's far from being a dear cousin just as his fiancé was far from being bearable —, but Grandfather was right there and Gwen couldn't possibly disappoint him by recusing family. Now the Vanderbilt girl had no choice but to endure dress fittings and wedding rehearsals with a big (fake) smile on her pretty face.

"Look at you two!" Gwen exclaimed as soon as she saw Nate and Blair passionately kissing in front of St. James church. An astonishing change from a year ago when Nathaniel believed himself to be in love with Serena and B went and got herself entangled with Chuck... Well, people do change it seems. "Displaying public affection, and Nate is not even whining about it?" the Vanderbilt girl teased. "You really have matured from a year ago, cousin. I'm proud."

The couple detached from each other to face the girl grinning at them. "You've been hanging out with my brother way too much." Blair complained with a roll of her coffee-colored eyes.

"Probably." Gwen's grin widened even further at the mention of her boyfriend. She missed his incredibly annoying and charming self more than she liked to admit — especially since they'd seen each other less than a week ago.

Nate chuckled at his cousin's antics, he was glad they were on good terms once again. "C'mon, let's go." he beckoned the girls towards the church's interior where the Vanderbilt clan awaited.

Gwen always admired the gothic architecture of catholic churches, each detail carefully crafted in a way the place seemed to have come out right out of a history book. A majestic venue, of course, but not a romantic one. Shouldn't a wedding happen around romance? Well, then again, true love weddings among the filthy rich are a dying occurrence so, evidently, majestic easily overpowers romantic in these pompous lands.

"Can you guys please remind the attendants not to seat me behind Caroline Kennedy?" the Waldorf girl asked the cousins as the three of them walked down the church's aisle. Gwen stopped analyzing her surroundings and glanced at her best friend with a raised brow. "She may be American royalty, but that woman is a giraffe."

Gwendolyn laughed softly and was about to reply when her phone vibrated in her blue Channel blazer's pocket and as his name appeared on the screen all voices from the real world were muted to the girls' ears.