𝟏𝟑. 𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑; 𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝
(𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘪, 𝘦𝘱. 𝘹𝘪𝘪𝘪 - '𝘰 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶?')

 𝘹𝘪𝘪𝘪 - '𝘰 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶?')

"𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐂𝐇 𝐀 𝐂𝐎𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃." Nicholas scoffed hearing Vince snickering at him. They had just finished their last exam before the holidays and were hanging out with some other friends in a bar outside the campus. The Waldorf's predicament was a hot topic in the friend group. Nick hadn't done much to end his relationship with the supermodel, and that raised different opinions. Vince, for instance, thought his roommate should just rip off the bandaid and break up with Sloane at once. "Just call her and end it." the dark-skinned boy suggested. "God knows she'll be better off without you."

"I can't break up with her during the holidays, it's too cruel." Nick tried to defend himself..

"Oh, and pretending to love her for almost two years is not cruel?" Liam, another one of Nick's friends teased with an amused grin — although there was a hint of reprimand in his tone, after all, he didn't support the fake relationship scheme to begin with. Of course, Nick didn't hear Liam when his friend told him that the scheme was a bad idea. Liam Grimaldi had the suspicion he was the only one in the friend group with functioning brain cells. 

"Couldn't have said it better my man!" Ethan let out a boisterous laugh as he patted Liam's shoulder. Ethan Hawthorne was the wild card of the friend group, he was lucky his father's fortune never seemed to stop growing, otherwise, there was no way he would be able to walk out of jail every time he was arrested because something went south in one of his crazy parties —  the accusations went from loud noise complaints to reports of use and distribution of drugs. Mr. Hawthorne probably spent about twenty percent of his fortune bailing Ethan out of jail, but the older man didn't seem to care, he was worse than his son anyway. Damned white rich men. Sometimes Nick and the others believed the main reason why they befriended Ethan was that their lives seemed in order in comparison to his. "Nick, you got the green light to end things with Sloane like there weeks ago, are you that bummed about letting a super hot model go? Can't blame you if you are."

"Shut up." the Waldorf rolled his dark brown eyes and took a long sip from his beer.

"I think I know what Nick's problem is." Liam scratched the nonexistent beard on his chin. "He is scared because breaking up with Sloane means there's a clear path for him to go after Gwen and we all know our boy is whipped for your guys' teacher's daughter."

"Impressive, Liam, you should change your medical degree for a psychology one." Nicholas smiled falsely grabbing a fry from the plate in the middle of the table, maybe he should order a burger — nothing better than to bury your worries in junky food.

Nick couldn't believe it was taking him that long to actually end things with Sloane, that was all he wanted ever since his summer with Gwen, yet he couldn't bring himself to do it. Nicholas was overthinking the entire situation. From his point of view, the breakup could only go two ways and both had unpleasant endings. One option was to just say to the supermodel that he definitely loves her but he was no longer in love with her and it would be best if they parted ways — that was bullshit, but Nicholas figured it wasn't such a terrible breakup speech. The other option would be to tell Sloane about the entire scheme with Elenor, and that would probably end with the model slapping Nick's face — although he deserved it, he wasn't sure if he wanted to have Sloan's hand engraved in one of his cheeks.