𝟏𝟎. 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐲

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎; 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐲
( 𝗌𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗈𝗇 𝗂𝗂, 𝖾𝗉 𝗑 - '𝖻𝗈𝗇𝖿𝗂𝗋𝖾 𝗈𝖿 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗏𝖺𝗇𝗂𝗍𝗒' )

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎; 𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐤𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐲( 𝗌𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗈𝗇 𝗂𝗂, 𝖾𝗉 𝗑 - '𝖻𝗈𝗇𝖿𝗂𝗋𝖾 𝗈𝖿 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗏𝖺𝗇𝗂𝗍𝗒' )

"𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐇𝐄 𝐊𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐌𝐄, it was so romantic." Serena leaned against her own locker with a dreamy look on her eyes as she finished telling Gwen about Aaron's — her current boyfriend, the artist — latest surprise to her.

"I'm sure it was." Gwen sent a smile in her friend's direction before going back to — trying to — read the Mandarin book her mother had gifted her that morning — 'here, dear, maybe this will increase your improvement in the next lessons', the woman had said in a way that to any other person would sound as if she was just encouraging her daughter, but, in reality, it was more like an ultimatum about how she wouldn't tolerate failure — that was what Gwen understood anyways.

"Girls!" hurricane Blair approached her two best friends sporting a stern expression. "I called you both like ten times each last night. Where have you been?"

"I have no idea where my phone is honestly." Gwen shrugged, with her mother being back the pressure to be a perfect golden girl was stronger than usual so her phone was the least of her worries. The girl just guessed she had placed it somewhere in her room.

"I went to the dentist at lunch." Serena explained. "And yesterday, as I was just telling G, I met Aaron in Times Square. B, it was the most romantic thing!"

"This not the time to go all technology-free, Gwendolyn." Blair scolded her light-brown-haired friend and then turned to Serena. "And who cares about plaque or pretentious artists when your best friend is having a meltdown?" she sighed. "He's totally unsuitable."

"Who is?"

"Cyrus." Blair had told her friends the other about how excited she was to meet her mother's new boyfriend, the lawyer Cyrus Rose. Apparently, the meeting didn't go well. "He is five feet tall, he has a catchphrase and he's a hugger." from the tone she was using one could think the girl was telling her friends about a serious catastrophe. "I was expecting Cary Grant and I got Danny DeVito."

"I like Danny DeVito." Gwendolyn commented without averting her eyes from the book. "He's funny."

"Who cares about funny? If I wanted a clown for stepfather I would've had taken my mother to a circus."

Serena wanted to laugh but she held it back. "Well, that sounds..." the blonde's phone ringed and she briefly paused to check it. "awful. Sorry, I gotta run."

"Oh, Aaron?"

"Yeah, he asked me to pose for him in his studio." S grinned excitedly. "To be his muse."

"And you said yes?" Blair questioned using her classic judging manner.

"Yes, why not? It's romantic."