𝟏𝟒. 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒; 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥
(𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘪, 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦)

𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐊 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐋𝐎𝐀𝐍𝐄 𝐀𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐃 to meet at Central Park's Bow Bridge and as the Waldorf boy leaned on the railing glancing at the frozen lake he wondered why didn't the two of them agree on some warm coffee shop instead

𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐊 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐋𝐎𝐀𝐍𝐄 𝐀𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐃 to meet at Central Park's Bow Bridge and as the Waldorf boy leaned on the railing glancing at the frozen lake he wondered why didn't the two of them agree on some warm coffee shop instead. Nicholas wasn't a winter person — unless, he was skiing or snowboarding in Aspen —, so, of course, being outside freezing his ass wasn't his favorite thing to do. He was hoping, however, that the cold would help him break up with his fianceé faster, but turns out Sloane Irvine hated cold weather even more and made their conversation much quicker than Nick expected.

You see, a few days back, when Nick called Sloane and told her he needed to talk with her and she replied saying she would be in NYC in a couple of days and had something urgent to talk to him, the Waldorf boy did not anticipate he would be hearing the words 'We need to break up' from her. Although shocking, that did make his situation much easier.

"I met Eleonor before coming here." the chestnut-skinned woman continued before Nick could say anything and he froze. Couldn't his mother have given him a heads-up about her meeting with Sloane? "She told me an interesting story about a deal she made with her son."

"I can expl—"

She scoffed. "You don't need to explain something I already understood, Nick." it was frightening to him how calm Sloan was, Nicholas thought she would scream at him and want to skin him alive because of the scheme. "Eleonor wasn't sure whether you had developed feelings for me or not, but I don't need to be a genius to know that you don't love me." she leaned on her side against the bridge railing, and her gaze was focused on the snow down on the lake, but she didn't look sad. No, she looked almost relieved. "I think I've known that for a while now."

"I'm so sorry, Sloan." Nicholas hushed into apologizing. "It was a stupid idea to agree with my mother and start to charm you as if it was game."

Her gaze then met his desperate one. Nick truly regretted everything, after all, in the end, he didn't get anything from the scheme besides remorse and headache. "I don't love you either, Nick." the model admitted, inevitably kicking Nicholas' big ego away. She let out a quiet laugh seeing the Waldorf's stunned expression, it was a rare sight to see Nicholas Waldorf at a loss of words, but there he was. "Sure I was infatuated by you at some point, but I don't think I ever truly loved you."

Nick took a hand out of the warmth of this coat's pocket in order to run it through his messy curls, and then he nodded. "That's fair."

"I was already planning on breaking up before talking with Eleonor, that's the urgent thing I had to tell you." Sloane revealed. "I assume you were planning on doing the same when you called."

The Waldorf boy nodded again, but her calmness was still making him uneasy. "Why aren't you screaming at me? Aren't you angry? Why are you not angry? You have all right to be furious."