𝟐𝟑. 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐥𝐮𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑; 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐥𝐮𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞
(𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘪, 𝘦𝘱 𝘹𝘹𝘪𝘷 - '𝘷𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘺 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭𝘴')

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟑; 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐥𝐮𝐬 𝐦𝐞 𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞(𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘪, 𝘦𝘱 𝘹𝘹𝘪𝘷 - '𝘷𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘺 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭𝘴')

"𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐀 𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐉𝐀𝐈𝐋." were the first words Gwen and Nick heard as they entered the Waldorf penthouse. Blair was on her way to go upstairs, back to her rituals of prom preparation, when she saw the couple coming out of the elevator.

"What?" Gwen was caught entirely off guard by that information.

"It's not that surprising really, Gwennie, it was bound to happen at some point." the Waldorf boy said with a chuckle, entirely amused by the infamous blonde's misfortune.

Blair glared at her brother as he passed by her walking deeper into their home, then focused back on her friend. "You would've known that, had you two not decided to go completely M.I.A. during the entire weekend."

"Got no regrets!" Nick shouted from the kitchen, the girls couldn't see him but they were both sure he had a mischievous grin on his face.

"Seriously, what do you see in him?" B grimaced and pointed in the direction where her brother went.

Gwendolyn sighed and rolled her eyes. Maybe agreeing with Nick's idea to spend the weekend reliving their summer affair in the Hamptons wasn't so smart of her. When they got back from the party and the Vanderbilt girl brought up how she was upset that her boyfriend had accepted an internship on the other side of the globe when not long before the two had planned on spending the summer together, unsurprisingly, this resulted in a brief argument. So Nicholas's solution for their fight was to go away for the weekend -- just them, no phones, nothing from the real world until Monday. While their time together had indeed been fantastic, Gwen felt a bit bad now that she heard the news about Serena.

"Why is Serena in jail?"

"Oh, that's gonna take me a while to explain." the Waldorf girl said, grimacing just from remembering the whole mess with that guy Gabriel and the money he stole. "Come with me, I can talk while we get ready for prom." she climbed the steps to the second floor and Gwen had little choice but to follow. "We can call one of your mother's assistants and ask them to bring your dress over."

Gwen hadn't exactly planned on getting ready for prom at the Waldorf's, she'd just say 'hi' then go back to her place where a makeup artist, a stylist, and a hairdresser were scheduled to arrive right after lunch. Vivienne's assistants would have to bring more than just the girl's dress.

-ˋˏ ༻ 🎾 ༺ ˎˊ-

𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝟏𝟓 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐔𝐓𝐄𝐒 𝐓𝐎 get ready — if asked he'd just say that was because he was blessed by being naturally good-looking —, the girls had been locked inside Blair's bedroom for over three hours, with Dorotha coming in and out of the room each time looking more stressed than before. Considering the maid's latest expression, Nicholas assumed the females would take at least one more hour so he took his laptop and sat comfortably with it in the living room. There were a few emails from his professors, most of them emphasizing deadlines for assignments, it wasn't any of that that caught the Waldorf boy's attention though. Just as his friend Sierra promised, an email from Mr. Wilson himself appeared in his inbox. The man said how his daughter had put in a good word for Nick and he was happy to give an opportunity to a young man keen on making a difference.